• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1204

Daveg123

Hi Everyone
My Mutoh VJ 1204 was only printing cyan and yellow. So I soaked the print head to hopefully unclogged the head, no good. So I thought I'd use the cleaning cartridges given to me when I bought the machine 3 years ago. Put them in did a clean cycle and head wash. Now it doesn't print at all. I rang Mutoh Australia and they told me I'd wrecked the print head by using out of date. How does that work . Any suggestions as to what I might have done.
Regards Dave Gorrel.

letterman7

Clogged lines, clogged dampers, air leaks... list goes on and on. Start with the basics. With the head capped, can you pull ink through the drain lines with a syringe? Is the capping station in good order? Take the cover off the head and look at the dampers- - are they full of ink or cleaning solution? Are the lines going to the head full of ink or cleaning solution? Pull the lines from the dampers and see if you can pull ink from each line with a syringe.

I'm not aware that cleaning solution has a use-by date.. that makes no sense. But it sounds like there may have been crud in the head that the solution knocked loose and is now clogging the nozzles. I'd try a long head soak in the solution first and see what happens.

When was the last time everything was changed out?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So your maintenance station is failing and not pulling ink down as well as it should. That's why when you did the soak, nothing changed. Then, when you flushed the machine, the maintenance station was able to pull some solution through because, although it is failing, it is not completely bad yet. When you went to fill it back up with ink, the maintenance station wasn't able to completely pull it all the way down. So right now each ink line probably has a different combination of ink and cleaning solution in them with most of them empty or full of cleaning solution and some of them mostly ink that isn't moving because the maintenance station is bad.

I would start with changing the cap top as that is usually the part that goes bad on the maintenance station but if your station is older than 2 years, I would change the whole thing. Once ink can flow properly, 1 - 3 hard cleanings or a little charge should get you back up and running.

Daveg123

Mutoh VJ 1204 Not Printing.

Hi Guys Thank you for the replies
Cleaned out maitenance station replaced capping station . Ink is getting sucked through printhead. All appears to be working fine. Mutoh told me my printhead was damaged by out of date cleaning fluid. Still won't print. arghh.
What I did do is used the resetable cartridge cards I used on my ink cartridges and put them on the cleaning cartridges, could that be the problem ?

Umca

What ink you used? I think not original if you installed resettable cartridge.
Problem can happen if you mix non-orginal ink and original cleaning solution.

Daveg123

Mutoh VJ 1204 Not Printing

Yes your right I wasn;t using original ink But now I have ink coming through the head when in a clean cycle. Ihave also sucked ink through with a syringe. Still doesn;t print.

hardlyjw

So you're able to pull ink manually but the printer isn't laying ink down when printing? If the maintenance station and everything else checks out, it sounds like it may have some resistance in the head but maybe not completely clogged.

Have you tried pulling the head and flushing the nozzles with cleaner using a syringe?

Daveg123

Mutoh VJ 1204 Not Printing

Yes I have taken out the print head and gently pushed cleaning fluid through which ended up as a shower. Put the head back in , still no joy.
Ive heard that if the fuse is blown in the mainboard, that is why it isn't printing. Do you know anything about that?
Regards Dave

Umca

Yes. if printhead not printing completely. Not printing any nozzle. Than fuse can blown.
Most cases it is F2 fuse on mainboard.