• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh VJ 1204a finished printing the graphic then I went to print something else and the power was o

jda138

I have a Mutoh VJ 1204a I finished printing a graphic then I went to print something else and the power was off and now it will not power up no lights Nothing at all. I am new to this site so i'm not quit sure if i am doing this right but need help so someone help.

Thanks Joel

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unplug the machine and let it sit for about half an hour. If you have an older 1204 that has the removable memory on the main board, remove it and air dust the terminal. Reinstall the memory and plug back in then power on and see if that does the trick. If not, you probably have a fried main board or power board.

RG

My 1204 did that all the time. I always left the right side cover off, partly because of this same problem. With the right side cover off and the power button on, just touch and/or bump the ribbon cable that plugs into the display panel. Just use a finger to bump it or tap it near the panel. Over a period of 6 years, I had to do this to my 1204 at least 100 times. It always worked.