Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Mutoh VJ 1204a finished printing the graphic then I went to print something else and the power was o

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by jda138, Mar 3, 2020.

1. jda138

jda138 New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Texas
    I have a Mutoh VJ 1204a I finished printing a graphic then I went to print something else and the power was off and now it will not power up no lights Nothing at all. I am new to this site so i'm not quit sure if i am doing this right but need help so someone help.

Thanks Joel

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Unplug the machine and let it sit for about half an hour. If you have an older 1204 that has the removable memory on the main board, remove it and air dust the terminal. Reinstall the memory and plug back in then power on and see if that does the trick. If not, you probably have a fried main board or power board.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    My 1204 did that all the time. I always left the right side cover off, partly because of this same problem. With the right side cover off and the power button on, just touch and/or bump the ribbon cable that plugs into the display panel. Just use a finger to bump it or tap it near the panel. Over a period of 6 years, I had to do this to my 1204 at least 100 times. It always worked.