• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1304 - Not Printing -- Any Help from the wise?

martin

I have a 1304 Value Jet, been working fine for years. The head finally gave up and I had to replace it. After reading many posts I bought a used R1900 printer and removed the head. The printer was working fine before removing the head. I syringed the head with cleaning fluid and install. I got the "heat Head" error and replaced the head cables. Now no errors at all, printer boots fine and goes through initialization with out any problems. I have run several strong cleaning, as well as "littlecharge", I have syringed from below the cap and get a good pull. My problem come with I don't get anything on the nozzle test.. nothing at all..

Wondering if anyone can offer any ideas? Items to check? I was trying to avoid replacing the head with a "mutoh" $1800 head, but not sure if the problem is the head or something else.

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas...

letterman7

Can't say for sure as I've never seen that particular printer being referenced as using the same head as the Mutoh, regardless of being Epson. My guess is that there are some subtle differences within the head that won't allow the transplant. Can you reference where you saw you can use that particular head?

S

spmracing

I have a 1304 Value Jet, been working fine for years. The head finally gave up and I had to replace it. After reading many posts I bought a used R1900 printer and removed the head. The printer was working fine before removing the head. I syringed the head with cleaning fluid and install. I got the "heat Head" error and replaced the head cables. Now no errors at all, printer boots fine and goes through initialization with out any problems. I have run several strong cleaning, as well as "littlecharge", I have syringed from below the cap and get a good pull. My problem come with I don't get anything on the nozzle test.. nothing at all..

Wondering if anyone can offer any ideas? Items to check? I was trying to avoid replacing the head with a "mutoh" $1800 head, but not sure if the problem is the head or something else.

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas...

Take out the main board and check the F1-F6 Fuses... They control the head.. They went bad on mine, bought the fuses and had a computer repair place re soder the board.. Worth a shot..

EDIT: Didnt see it was a different head type.. You may want to check if it is the same exact head or not..