• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1604 cannot proceed to print.

vjrno

Hi, I am a newbie here, and I would like to ask regarding my issue right now. I am using Mutoh VJ 1604 and I cannot proceed with printing because I am encountering this error message " Not ready to Print". May i request how can I remove this error. Thank you.

toucan_graphics

Have you been able to print on this machine before or are you setting it up for the first time? Are you using RIP software like Onyx? Or are you printing direct from the design program?

A little more info would be helpful. In absence of this info, this may be of use:

[h=2]PrismJet/ValueJet Mutoh[/h]
[h=2]Initial Powering of Your Printer[/h] DO NOT PUT ANY CLEANING OR INK CARTRIDGES IN THE MACHINE PRIOR TO DOING THE FOLLOWING STEPS.

1. Plug the AC Cable directly into the wall (Preferably a dedicated circuit). This circuit must not have any appliances such as Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers, etc. It must also not be plugged into an extension cord of any kind or any type of Surge Protector or Power Strip. The machine has fuses and is protected from any power surge.
2. Remove the “HEAD LOCK.”
3. Remove all packing tape.
4. Turn the Printer “ON.”
5. It will ask you to insert the Cleaning Cartridges, INSERT THE CLEANING CARTRIDGES AT THIS POINT.
6. The HEAD WASH will now begin. Once the HEAD WASH is completed, the Printer will then ask you to insert The Ink Cartridges, Insert the INK CARTRIDGES now.
7. The Printer will now do an INK FILL.
8. Once the machine has completed the “INK FILL”, Turn the machine “OFF.”
9. Insert Media, and lower the “Media Rollers.”
10.Turn on the printer.
11. It will now sized the media and indicate (in Millimeters) the width of the media.
12.You must press “ENTER” at this point to accept the media size.
13. The Printer should now indicate “READY TO PRINT.”

[h=2]Configuring the IP Settings.[/h] [h=3]The Printer[/h] 1. The printer indicates “READY TO PRINT.”
2. Press the “MENU” button.
3. Using the “RIGHT” arrow button scroll right once.
4. Using the “DOWN” arrow button scroll down to “IP ADDRESS.”
5. Press “ENTER.”
6. Configure the address to 172.018.003.101
7. Press “Enter” to save this setting.
8. Press “CANCEL” one time.
9. Using the “DOWN” arrow button scroll down once to “SUBNET MASK.”
10. Press “ENTER.”
11. Configure the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.000
12. Press “Enter” to save this setting.
13. Press “CANCEL” all the way back to “READY TO PRINT.”
[h=3]The Computer[/h] 1. On your computer go to “START” then “CONTROL PANEL” then “NETWORK CONNECTIONS.”
2. Locate the “Local Area Connection” that you have your Printer connected to using a “CROSS-OVER” Ethernet Cable.
3. “RIGHT CLICK” on the that “Local Area Connection” and scroll down to “Properties” and left Click.
4. Scroll down to “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and highlight it. Then click on the “Properties” button.
5. Put a “DOT” in beside the term “Use The Following IP Address.”
6. Now enter the IP Address “172.018.003.100”
7. Now enter the Subnet Mask “255.255.255.000”
8. Press “OK.”
9. Go back to the “Windows Desktop.”
10.Open your Flexi Sign “Production Manager.”
11.Go to “SETUP”, then “ADD SET-UP.”
12. Choose “COLOR PRINTERS.”
13. Choose “MUTOH.”
14. Choose “VJ-1204 or VJ-1304 or VJ1604.”
15. Choose “TCP/IP.”
16. Enter “172.018.003.101, Port should already be “9100.”
17.Save these settings.
18. You must now configure your Color Printing Settings.
[h=2]Part 3: Setting Your Colors[/h] 1. It is time to install the Color Profiles you intend to use.
2. You can do this from the Flexi Sign 8.5 DVD by ‘Exploring the DVD for “COLOR PROFILE INSTALLER.”
3. By running the “COLOR PROFILE INSTALLER” you can install all the preferable profiles for your printer.
4. Once this is done, open your “PRODUCTION MANAGER.”

5. Select your Printer; “RIGHT CLICK”; and select “DEFAULT JOB PROPERTIES.”
6. You will now be at the “DEFAULT JOB PROPERTIES” screen.

7. Choose the “COLOR MANAGEMENT TAB.”

8. Configure the settings as indicated above.
9. Choose the “ADVANCED” button.

10.Configure these settings as indicated above.
11.Choose the “PRINTER OPTIONS TAB.”

12.Check the “ENABLE HEATER OPTIONS” and configure the settings as indicated above.
13.Press “APPLY.”
14.Open Flexi Sign Pro.​
15. Go to “EDIT” then down to “PREFERENCES.”​
17.Select the “TOOLS” tab.​
18.Scroll down to “RIP and PRINT” and select it.​
19.Uncheck the box beside “Connect to a Local Production Manager Using TCP/IP.”​
20.Put a dot beside the phrase “Always Use Production Manager Settings”​
21.Press “OK.”​
[h=3]Happy Printing[/h]

vjrno

Hi, This a big great infos given. The printer already used and printed before. And now after the printer Mutoh JV 1604 is turned on, initialized, then media is detected it be the Print is ready. However the "Not ready to Print" is displayed on the panel. Cannot even Test print or nozzle check. Do I need something or another ink code is needed. How to bypass this code? Thanks!.

father

Hi, This a big great infos given. The printer already used and printed before. And now after the printer Mutoh JV 1604 is turned on, initialized, then media is detected it be the Print is ready. However the "Not ready to Print" is displayed on the panel. Cannot even Test print or nozzle check. Do I need something or another ink code is needed. How to bypass this code? Thanks!.

Cycle the power

1. Turn printer off
  2. Unplug printer
  3. Press power button 4 times
  4. Let machine sit for 45 minutes
  5. Plug printer directly into wall
  6. Power printer on

Do you still have the error after this?

vjrno

Hi,

The error s still Not ready to Print in the panel. As per mutoh, this is authorization code ULK though should no longer be needed since printer is already more that 6 years old. How do we get rid of this ULK auth code via MSA. Thanks.

alias1

Very familiar

Hi Im familiar with this msg. U have to use MSA and get info from printer in the form of the ulk. Then send it to mutoh and ask for a new code. Then you have to update the firmware via MSA before it will say ready to print again.

You will have to start the printer in Board manager mode. Set the ip to 192.168.0.253. Then connect to printer via MSA. Once connection is established you can save the ulk file and send it through to mutoh.

(in MSA)
- download the mpi file from printer

Let me know if it helps