• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1604 Error: E078Err After Heat

ElJay

Judging by this code and the fact that the front of the printer is cold to the touch, I'm guessing that the after heater has gone bad. I looked in my service manual and replacing the heater seems like a fairly time consuming task involving extensive disassembly using some expensive-looking parts. Anyone know of anything else I could look at that might generate this error?

tint_zone

Judging by this code and the fact that the front of the printer is cold to the touch, I'm guessing that the after heater has gone bad. I looked in my service manual and replacing the heater seems like a fairly time consuming task involving extensive disassembly using some expensive-looking parts. Anyone know of anything else I could look at that might generate this error?

i had the similar problem with mine...i changed the powersupply board and it helped mine..... difference is my heaters would go all they way up on powering on the machine.... hope it helps

i had the similar problem with mine...i changed the powersupply board and it helped mine..... difference is my heaters would go all they way up on powering on the machine.... hope it helps
Ok I am kind of having the same issue except both my pre-heater and my after heater both dont work. Would you suggest that its the heater relay board or the power supply board? Also where is the power supply board located?