• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1604 half of black gone after damper change

ElJay

Pull the ink to fill the dampers. Then put the head back on the maint sttn. Find the clear hoses under the cap and pull hall a syringe through. Then release the head from station and continue pulling to clear the lines. Now put the head back and try printing. If no ink flows when you pull, then the ms is no good.

There are two hoses coming from the underside of the capping station. With the left one clamped off and the head parked I can pull ink through. With the head off of the cap I get nothing.

There was nothing wrong with this printer until I changed the dampers....:frustrated:

Robert M

Cap

When you pull ink down are ther air bubbles mixed in? I think the cap is bad. The ink carts are reading wrong from all the cleanings. Call your dealer and get some new cards, trace around the old one so you get them back in the same place

ElJay

When you pull ink down are ther air bubbles mixed in? I think the cap is bad. The ink carts are reading wrong from all the cleanings. Call your dealer and get some new cards, trace around the old one so you get them back in the same place

I was getting solid ink the first few times but now I get nothing...It's a brand new cap. I just replaced the Maintenance Station yesterday. When you say cards are you talking about the ones on the sides of the ink carts?

Why would all this BS go on after a simple damper change??