• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1604 HELP!!

ABHDesigns

Hi, I'm running a mutoh with a very slow setting for bantex banner media. I would like to get it to go faster. I have not ran a mutoh style printer for a couple of years but as I rem it would print alot faster. This one is printing 1 banner 31"x86" - per hour. I feel like that should be cut in half?? The only settings that I can get to work with a quality print is : Quality 1 1440x1440 dpi, uni, 16 pass. Heat off. dryer 45. Otherwise banding....?? I'm running flexi for the rip...But I have ran onyx, and wassatch. That's not going to make a differance right?? Any Help? Thx

J Hill Designs

well if you are running 16 pass to get rid of banding, no it wont print faster...troubleshoot your banding issues and you can run it faster...

Do you get banding at 8 pass? I usually run all banners at 720x720 dpi bi 8 pass. I know that is a low resolution, but sometimes you have to remind yourself "it's only a friggin banner." the rip program should make no difference. I only run uni if the print has to be edge to edge on the media.

ABHDesigns

The nozzle check is missing only one each in the mag & cyan...otherwise it's fine. AS for the print feed I check it after almost everything. And Since I started it's been fine. Although, with the full roll it has to be adjusted. It does not seem to be printing well with Graphics 1 option...I'm not sure it will print well on graphics 2...But I'm willing to try it. The machine has not been reg serviced at all. Clean the wipers & cap. I just did the first one in maybe several years...it was pretty bad...Decals, when you run 8pass do you have print lines?? Or banding? I do agree with you "it's only a friggin banner." LOL....But I think that the company that I'm working for expects things to be very...very nice. Which is fine, I guess I'm just trying to see if I can achieve that faster. How long does it take approx to print for you at 8pass (31"x86") Thx for your help. This is my first forum post in 13yrs of being a sign maker. And I have to say it's atleast helping me know others are out there.

I haven't gotten banding at 8 pass & that usually takes about 30 mins. more if its a full color. I'd imagine your time results are about right. I'm also having the same result with the nozzle check, but that doesn't seem to effect the final product any. I suppose higher quality = more time.

randya

We print all our banners at G2, B2 or B4 depending on viewing distance.
Never printed a banner at 1440 with the texture of a banner, you can only really get benefit from 1440 on photopaper.

Print flawlessly at G2, 720x720 8 pass bi directional.

It is possible that you have head alignment issues, a couple of missing nozzles shouldnt normally show up on banner material. You can get with your dealer and have them look at your maintenance mode alignment prints and give you a better diagnosis.

In the mean time you might want to try a different wave pattern, or a different profile.
http://service.mutoh.com/#/Printer Information_Manuals/VJ-1604/Profiles/
http://service.mutoh.com/#/DiamondShield/

ABHDesigns

Thx, I have thought about the changing the wave pattern.Although, I did not have to change it at all with the last Mutoh that I ran. Has anyone played with that and had large changes? And I'm going to check the records for maintenance that has been done....So will see if that can help me elimate some factors. I'm curious about the media setting when first loading the media. Does anyone know what that effects (just PF?) it's not replaced by the profiles that are sent out from flexi? Also, When using profiles from flexi all the setting in the mutoh are being replaced? correct? (Besides...wave, pf, ???)

randya

\ I'm curious about the media setting when first loading the media. Does anyone know what that effects (just PF?) it's not replaced by the profiles that are sent out from flexi? Also, When using profiles from flexi all the setting in the mutoh are being replaced? correct? (Besides...wave, pf, ???)

When they are selected in the RIP, any RIP settings should override the printer panel settings.

You can look at the RIP to see what is selected.

But you are correct, the PF is typically NOT sent from the RIP.