• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1604 Life Times warnings

ElJay

Each time a print finishes, I get two warnings: Life Times [Pnmp] and Life Times [PF Motor]. I know that these warnings are set to appear after each part has a certiant number of hours on it, but how do I know when they actually need replacement? Print quality is fine. The only issues it has are slightly inaccurate sizing (I'm constantly having to adjust the feed) and ink spattering inside where the wiper is. (I just clean it regularly) Haven't had a tech in here in over a year. Would like to fix it myself, if possible. Thanks.

randya

You can reset the counters in Maintenance Mode, call your dealer or Mutoh and they can walk you through it.

Inaccurate sizing could be the pf motor (page feed) and pump and cap could be your spraying issue.

You can do PM, and change them at your own convience.
Or wait til they fail and hope it is not an emergancy situation.

These dont count hours, but 'cycles' of use based on MTBF.

Stealth Ryder

You can reset the counters in Maintenance Mode, call your dealer or Mutoh and they can walk you through it.

Inaccurate sizing could be the pf motor (page feed) and pump and cap could be your spraying issue.

You can do PM, and change them at your own convience.
Or wait til they fail and hope it is not an emergancy situation.

These dont count hours, but 'cycles' of use based on MTBF.

:thumb::thumb:

ElJay

Thanks for the info...How easy are these printers to work on? I'm trying to become a bit more self sufficient in my shop and I'm somewhat mechanically inclined (but I know my limitations). Can I change these parts out myself? Tried to work on my Roland and everything seemed like it was going well (followed directions in Service Manual to the letter, was very careful) but I wound up making things worse! Needless to say, my confidence level isn't the highest..but I'm still willing to give it a shot.

HaroldDesign

The PF motor is VERY simple. Remove the back cover opposite the head station and take a look. You'll have no problem at all. I'd replace the whole pump station. It isn't difficult. I did mine in 20 minutes with no direction - it's a bunch of screws. Remove the back cover to get at the wire connection.