• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1604

Hi, I need help with vj1604. I need place a new head and I had an old head which was plugged and I install old head try to check if every is ok with the rest of the printer. It does do cleaning very properly but since the head is plugged so no ink is draining through the cap station. When I do a nozzle check it is not spraying the ink before it start printing. Is this because of the head is plugged or could be some thing else, Head cable was few time. Could it be possible that head can be completely block. Before I order a new head, do I need to order any thing else. I need advise please help. Thanks
Dishhobby

is it brandnew printhead, if it is, new you have a leaking captop, need to fix the captop vacuum, so that it will suck the ink out of your new head,

heyskull

You are not making much sense!
If you are using an old head this may be also blocked.
If the head is blocked it is very difficult to see if the pump is working.
Or the pump could be blocked from not being used.
I think the first thing you should be doing is checking the pump is pulling ink through as these can get blocked very easily even when the machine is in use.
Personally I would remove the whole maintenance station and clean it and if you feel this is the problem purchase a new complete maintenance station.
If the machine has been unused for a while and not been left with the maintenance carts in I fear a new head and maintenance station is required.

SC