• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1614 printhead problem

Hello, we have a OCE CS 9160, which basically is a MUTOH VJ 1614 (that's what appear on display when printer initialize), and we printed a pop-up banner which printed perfect, and when we printed the second one (in 2 min after the first one), suddenly no ink on banner from machine (even the head was moving when printing like normal). We stopped the print, check the file, everything ok, start printing, the head is moving like is printing, but print NOTHING..not a single drop of ink. I did cleaning a few times (strong, normal), but nothing. The ink pump through printhead, as I removed and cleaned the capping station, and when cleaning, I can see the ink going through the pipes from the capping station. Did nozzle check, but no ink on print. Checked the fuses on mainboard, everything ok, checked the cables between head and board, everything ok.

What is weird is that the printer was printing perfect, and suddenly nothing goes out from the printhead, and no error message. Everything seems to be ok, but no ink deployed in the paper. And the ink is flowing through the pipes on cleanings, the dumpers have ink inside... any ideas ? Is like the printhead does not receive command to spit ink.

heyskull

Sounds like the F2 fuse on the board has blown.
This will need replaced and probably a new print head and cable also.
Just remember that fuses only blow for a reason and are a protection for the motherboard.

SC

Problem found.. after another close look, found another fuse that blown up...Made a temporary fuse (wiring the existing fuse), and printhead works !!!. Ordered the fuse anyway as the temporary fuse is not safe for printing.

Thanks !