• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH VJ-1614 wierd problem!

Raxxis

Our MUTOH is leaving white stripes* on the right side of the printer, but on the left evrything is ok.

*Stripes like when printing on high speed profile e.g. Banner 3

Nozzles check out. Don't know what else to check.

Help?

Raxxis

Oh and one more thing. The stripe occurs only on 100% magenta on the right side, everything else is splendid

Raxxis

Haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but i'll give it a shot. I'm sure that if I'd have proper profile it would perform better. I use the MUTOH DSultra Semigloss 200g profile.

Maybe the ink dries on one side diffrently, because of the heater?

MachServTech

The media is probably skewed. The evidence of this would be dark bands on one side and light bands on the other. Unload then reload the roll, feed out a significant amount by hand then rewind by hand. If the amount of banding changes that was your issue.

Raxxis

I don't think that the media is skewed, because I printed many meters with it. And it didn't get any worse.

randya

Horizontal or vertical?

OEM ink or after market?

Cut a sheet and rotate it 90 degrees, white lines with media or printer?

Raxxis

Horizontal, OEM ink.

I don't actually understand this bit:
"Cut a sheet and rotate it 90 degrees, white lines with media or printer?"

J Hill Designs

cut off enough of the sheet to reload it sideways - does the white line stay on the right, or does it turn sideways (as in material problem)

randya

It it only occurs on one media, it is probably media/loading/feeding.

If the lines rotate with the media then it is in the media.

If it goes away with sheet fed, then it is loading/feeding.

Have you done PF adjust?

Raxxis

It occurs on other media as well. I did the PF adjust, I am doint the micro adjust.

It isn't the media, it's not the media setup.

randya

by any chance has the printer been damaged, dropped, or the main rail 'adjusted', loosened, or disassembled?

Peterpan

Have you tried print using the material pressure arm at the lower position?
Maybe the material slips a little bit on one side and that is why you see the white horizontal stripes only on one side.