• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj 1624 cmyk S/C readerr issue

Jeff Eller

I have an Mutoh VJ 1624. Occasionally I had the cmyk S/C readerr when I would boot the machine up. Normally I would move cartridges and reboot it and after a few tries it would boot and show "ready to print".

I was printing the other night and duringnthe printing process the error code popped up but it continued printing and finished perfect.

Well, now I power it up it gives that error no matter what I do I can't get past it.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

Umca

Try to recognize what cartridge gives an error. Remove all, go to ink status menu, insert one by one and check what on the display.

bil

Hello,

If you get CMYK read Error, it is probably one of your ink cards which is causing this issue, you need to unplug all cartridges and plug them back one by one and check on (ink status menu) if the ink cards is being recognized each time you insert a cartridge into its slot.
Good luck.

Jeff Eller

Bil, I did try that. I pulled all and put back in one at a time. When I put them back in all the X's would go away. It knows that they're in there but not getting info from cards it seems.
I did get new cards from my ink supplier. Yet to install. I also ordered a new junction board and one ink chip id board. I noticed one of the pins looked messed for my cyan cart.

bil

It seems that some thing is shorted may be the broken pin on the cyan ink board is touching other pins, because even if there is a missing pins on one ink board id, the printer can get info from the other cards.

Try to change the ink board id first before changing the junction board.

Jeff Eller

Just got my junction board. They didn't send the chip ID board. Wondering if they're back ordered.
I figured the pin issue on the cyan would only affect that cartridge. But it recognized it fine.

I did look down into the chip id board and the one pin is actually sticking out.

Jeff Eller

It seems that some thing is shorted may be the broken pin on the cyan ink board is touching other pins, because even if there is a missing pins on one ink board id, the printer can get info from the other cards.

Try to change the ink board id first before changing the junction board.
Just got my junction board. They didn't send the chip ID board. Wondering if they're back ordered.
I figured the pin issue on the cyan would only affect that cartridge. But it recognized it fine.

I did look down into the chip id board and the one pin is actually sticking out.

Bil
Here's an photo to show where the damaged pin is on my chip. Its actually sticking up instead of being down like the other end of pin.

Attachments

• 20201228_115102.jpg
    20201228_115102.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 189

bil

Hello Jeff,

Listen, go and check all your ink id boards, and then put back the ones that you know for sure that they are good, and leave the other empty, turn up your machine, and plug the cartridges into there slots with a new chip cards if you have new ones, after that check if the chip cards are being recognized on the slots where the ink id boards are present.

Note: You have to know that there are two sensors on the cartridge slot, the one that detects the presence of the cartridge, and the second is the ink id board, if the printer detects the cartridge and can't read the chips card you get read error, and if the printer doesn't detect the cartridge the printer pop up the (no cartridge message) because this is the first condition to verify before checking whether the chip card is good or not.

Also to avoid any short-circuit, make sure to discharge your printer's capacitors before doing anything by pressing the printer's power button after unplugging the power cables.