• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1624 NOT PRINTING

TFS Signs

I have a Mutoh VJ 1624. Over the weekend the latch that allows the head to dock onto the maintenance station was "stuck" and did not allow the head to go to the maintenance station. No Ink is draining during cleaning or charges and the head will not print anything.

EDIT: I replaced the maintenance station when i realized all the hoses were clogged. its brand new.

the head is currently soaking with some eco solvent cleaner. Any other tips or ideas? or is this head clogged and toast?

Thanks Ryan

TFS Signs

Soaked head, was starting to get some ink to print but no ink flow during a cleaning or charge. wondering if I got a bad maintenance station. seemed fine and pumps cleaner. but makes load humming noise during cleaning. can not get moving ink at all.

ToneCustomSigns

You might have to prime it. I've had that issue before. There are two hoses below the station. I use two syringes to try and pull ink from the lines while the head is locked over the station.

TFS Signs

You might have to prime it. I've had that issue before. There are two hoses below the station. I use two syringes to try and pull ink from the lines while the head is locked over the station.
Thank you for your response... I tried your method using a syringe and it seems air locked. which is good regarding a cap seal but I cannot pull anything from the head it seems.

TFS Signs

Ive Tore apart the head and checked the dampers. orings seem fine. reinstalled but without following ink, i cant get the head to recharge and fill. SMH im at a loss with this thing, new head overnighted be here tomorrow. but with no ink flowing in the maintenance station i dont see how a new head is going to solve my issue. just an installer turned "service tech" trying to save the day,

ToneCustomSigns

Hmmm...Did you run a charge? You might try a little charge, long clean and then a nozzle check.
You didn't list that you tried that yet and I'm just trying to think of the steps I take with my machine.

TFS Signs

Hmmm...Did you run a charge? You might try a little charge, long clean and then a nozzle check.
You didn't list that you tried that yet and I'm just trying to think of the steps I take with my machine.
Yes I have ran multiple charges. both little and intial. still no ink moving throught the head and maintance station. Think im ordering a OEM station from Digiprint. might try that. another $500. New head, New station, and if INK doesnt pull through after that im lost on it.

thank you for your input, i do really appreaciate it! Ive learned alot reading on here the last couple days.

ToneCustomSigns

Yes I have ran multiple charges. both little and intial. still no ink moving throught the head and maintance station. Think im ordering a OEM station from Digiprint. might try that. another $500. New head, New station, and if INK doesnt pull through after that im lost on it.

thank you for your input, i do really appreaciate it! Ive learned alot reading on here the last couple days.
Okay. I know it's frustrating. My thought is that at least I can still get parts for the 1624. It's work keeping up with the maintenance. I change out the maintenance station every 3-4 months. I change the wiper and pad every month. I also order this chemical to clean the mutoh: https://www.spectrumchemical.com/chemical/bulk-fine-chemicals/2-2-butoxyethoxy-ethyl-acetate-b1179
I hope that at least helps you. Good Luck!

TFS Signs

Okay. I know it's frustrating. My thought is that at least I can still get parts for the 1624. It's work keeping up with the maintenance. I change out the maintenance station every 3-4 months. I change the wiper and pad every month. I also order this chemical to clean the mutoh: https://www.spectrumchemical.com/chemical/bulk-fine-chemicals/2-2-butoxyethoxy-ethyl-acetate-b1179
I hope that at least helps you. Good Luck!
I agree, the maintenance on these is key and thats why I am in the situation I am in now. Designer never wants to properly maintenance the head and station and the Boss never wants to purchase replacement docking stations and dampers and strecthes them out til the printer starts failing then its a big mess being down for weeks. whats the saying? history repeats its self. Ill keep you updated and greatly appreciate your in put.