• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1638x and E074 - E092 error

For about 4 days the printer started to show me randomly those errors.
So:
1. I cleaned the linear encoder (only the band, because the sensor is not easily unreachable unless I take of the back cover, but I have to uninstall the continous ink system which is on it)
2. I checked the small plastich which locks the printhead unit over the capping station. It works fine (I hope the electromagnetic component is working well because I can't verify it)
3. the printer is cleaned from dust regulary, well maintained.

The E074 error appears when it start to print (first about 20 cm) or when it starts to measure the material.
The E092 error appears durring printing.

Also one of these error appears when I choose from the menu the "CR Maintenance" and then the print head unit starts to move to the left end of the printer and suddenly stops there with a bump in the rubber stopper as if it doesn't know that he reached the end.

As I said, the error are totally random.

I would appreciate any help from you, by advice or a service manual for the 1638 at faraprejudecati@yahoo.com.

thesignworks

hello

hello
the platic part that comes from the electro magnet that locks the head is not made from solvent resistant plastic
if you look at where it touches the carriage, you will have a tiny amount of crusty sticky stuff on both surfaces
when you last cleaned it you put solvent oin it of which you are not supposed to, as the thing is touching the carriage the solvent over a few m,inutes will bond with it and cause the cr 'carriage' error

simply clean the scum off BUT DONT USE ANY SOLVENT

Todays I opened the back cover of the printer. I removed the linear encoder stripe and I cleaned with isopropyl alcohol the U sensor which runs along the linear encoder (it was dirty from the ink vapors). The printer is running for 7 hours without any error. I hope this was the cause for my problems.

For the moment I consider the problem solved until further similar problem.