• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ going on holiday

teamrolex

Well actually I will be going on holiday ;-)

This is the first holiday (maybe for 2 weeks) since I have owned the 1204.
So I would like to "flush / store" it (don't know if this is the correct term though.

ok, I still have the original 4 cleaning carts (they were used during the initial installation 2 months' back and untouched but stored properly since).

There is about 20% left of ink inside the current CMYK cartridge.

Can I take out these carts and put in the cleaning carts and "flush clean" the lines and head.
And then on my return, reinstall the CMYK carts and refill the lines and start using the machine ?

What would be the correct way to do it ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).

Rolex

henryp

If it was me, since it is only for 2 weeks, I would just leave it in sleep mode, maybe set to clean every 12 or even 24 hours. Clean the wiper and the cap unit, empty the waste ink tray before going away and make sure you have enough ink on the cartridges, preferrably put new ones in.

ProWraps

dont flush it. put it to sleep. you will be wasting a ton of unecessary ink aka money.

set your sleep timer to 1440. that will clean once a day. set your cleans to the economy setting on the front panel.

you dont need to pump gallons of ink through these things to keep the heads ok folks.

an economy clean a day is plenty to keep your heads running fine.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Or take it with you, those VJs' hate to be left all alone over the holidays.

wayne k
guam usa

teamrolex

Thank for replies and suggestions guys.
I can lug along a flat bed printer but surely not this one !! :Sleeping:

Just wondering.
Can I not take out the ink carts, then put in the cleaning carts.
Execute a "longstore" (I see this on the manual so I think it is what I think it is), and should this suck the cleaning fluid through the lines and "flush" ?

and when it's done, I turn the printer off and reseat the ink carts in the printer (this should seal the carts).

And when I return I switch the printer on with the ink carts still inside and printer should reload the inks properly ?

Rolex

henryp

Thank for replies and suggestions guys.
I can lug along a flat bed printer but surely not this one !! :Sleeping:

Just wondering.
Can I not take out the ink carts, then put in the cleaning carts.
Execute a "longstore" (I see this on the manual so I think it is what I think it is), and should this suck the cleaning fluid through the lines and "flush" ?

and when it's done, I turn the printer off and reseat the ink carts in the printer (this should seal the carts).

And when I return I switch the printer on with the ink carts still inside and printer should reload the inks properly ?

Rolex

Nothing to stop you from doing that but you might need a new set of cleaning cartridges. I do not think there is enough wash solution on each cartridge (20% according to you) to do a proper flush.