• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh vj1204 longstore

boyan

Hello, I am rushing on vacation and my MS is kind of working from time to time, so I wont have time to deal with it right now.

Can I install cleaning cartridges and syringe the cleaning solution until lines are clean.

My biggest question is can LEAVE the cleaning solution in the LINES, Dampers and printhead for about 4 weeks or i need to flush the lines after I clean them, so they stay empty.

Using jetbest ink and jet best cleaning solution.

Many thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You absolutely can. Also, you want to empty the lines after flushing. It's ok if there are a few droplets visible in the lines but you want to suck as much out as it will allow.

boyan

Thanks, any tips about the prinhread, should I soak it in cleaning at the MS and pinch the lines for 3 weeks, or it will rust :D

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks, any tips about the prinhread, should I soak it in cleaning at the MS and pinch the lines for 3 weeks, or it will rust :D

So obviously the best way is to let the printer do the longstore procedure but since your maintenance station isn't working right you will need to flush the head as well to make sure it doesn't clog. If your cap top still seals with the head, you could do the whole procedure from the waste tubes. Pull all the ink out, pull the solution through, and then pull the solution out all from the waste tubes. This will make sure the entire system is empty which is the goal. If pulling from the waste tubes doesn't work, you will want to flush the ink lines from the damper and then empty it out. Then you would want to hook a syringe up to each channel on the head and gently push cleaning solution through the head. Then do the same exact thing except with just air to push the solution out of the head. That will ensure there is no ink in the system or head. Then just sit it on the cap top and have fun on vacation!