Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh vj1204 not printing magenta

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by mikeandbobs, Jun 3, 2009.

1. mikeandbobs

mikeandbobs New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Print was running, magenta ran out- said to change & we did. Print started again, and entire color output was changed. Did some head cleaning & charges... magenta still not showing. Soaking head currently. Noticed air pocket in magenta line... Mutoh site says you can pull ink through the system with a syringe- any thoughts?

2. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    When you run out of ink, or close to it... you can trap air in the lines. You have to pull the dampers out and kinda flip them upside down and pull the air out until the bubbles make it to the dampers.

Also, if your head cleanings didn't work very well, you have clogged vacuum lines under your capping station.

Do a search, I've outlined how to fix the problem.

3. mikeandbobs

mikeandbobs New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Capping Station CLeaned

Your post was very helpful. I have cleaned the capping station and tubing- everything is very clean now. How do i disconnect damper? Where exactly is it? Thanks.

4. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Those little things that the ink tubes plug into. They pull straight up, and try not to squeeze the sides. One side it a thin membrane that can puncture easily.

5. mikeandbobs

mikeandbobs New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Dampers

On the print head assembly itself?

6. mikeandbobs

mikeandbobs New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    figured it out.... it's flowing again. Gonna try the printing! Thanks for the help- I'll post the results.

7. mikeandbobs

mikeandbobs New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    i'm back up and printing. thanks again.

8. miguelon.lizarraga

miguelon.lizarraga Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Thats great to hear!