• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1204 Print width

When printing 30" material on my VJ1204 (48" printer) the printhead still moves the entire 48" width of the printer (not prints but just moves beyond the media width) I noticed it only does it on some profiles & not others. I don't write my own profiles so there is probably a setting I'm not aware of to have the printer only print the width of the media. Can anyone help me here?
Thanks so much!
Kenna

Grafix USA

Are you telling whatever RIP software you are using what size the media is? Also, when you load the media into the printer it should read the edges of the vinyl and it will show the width on the menu; is this happening? If not, try unplugging it for a few minutes to reset and try it again.

PMG

i think your printing in Bi-direction,and not Uni-direction. or vise versa....... try changing your print mode in PM. here are the Print Mode settings..........

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 149
Yeah, I always set the media width in the rip software, (I use Wasatch by the way) When the media is loaded it reads the width just fine. Unplugging or turning off the printer has no effect.
Interesting huh? Always more to learn!

CSC did this fix your problem????????
I printed some banners today but didn't mess with anything.....my banner profile always worked fine. I see Randy's reply below and I always wondered about that. I was told (aside from Randy's reply) that the profile will overide the machines settings. I'm the type of person that doesn't like to mess with settings too much... I was dropped on my head as a baby and have a tendancy to get a bit drifty :omg:(ask Matt). I'll just double check all my profiles and adjust. I'll give you feedback when I get a chance to breath! Wow! I'm busy!
Thanks for checking up!

randya

Thanks, you are welcome!

I have inside information.....

With your permission I will add your question to the Mutoh Knowledgebase.

I was up in Cour d'Alene about a year ago, lovely place...

Last edited:
Thanks, you are welcome!

I have inside information.....

With your permission I will add your question to the Mutoh Knowledgebase.

I was up in Cour d'Alene about a year ago, lovely place...
That would be great! You were probably in Coeur 'dAlene about the time I was just getting my VJ. Look me up if you come back, my shop is a parking lot away from the lake.
I love it here!

randya

Thanks,

I put a link in for you.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/107/

My girlfriend just moved down here from there, she still has family there, so I am sure at some point I will go back up.

The lake area is just great, as is 'down town', there was a glass blowing/coffee shop that I visited there that was very interesting, is it still open?

Thanks,

I put a link in for you.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/107/

My girlfriend just moved down here from there, she still has family there, so I am sure at some point I will go back up.

The lake area is just great, as is 'down town', there was a glass blowing/coffee shop that I visited there that was very interesting, is it still open?
Thank you Randy!
The shop you're talking about is closed but a new coffee roasting company opened in its place. The coffee is really good.....right from the roaster to the cup. It is a great place to have coffee and lunch. They' re really nice people too.
Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!