• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ1304 PRINTER DOWN

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
My printer is currently down. I was having an issue with color then text/images looked a bit fuzzy and felt it was time to change the Maintenance Station Assy. At that time I also purchased a T Fence Assy and CR Y motor assy (printer was throwing a life time code every time I started up). Now I cannot get my machine to initialize or start up. The code is E074 Err CR2 Current.

Can anyone help or steer me in the right direction? I do have a video of what's happening but cannot upload to the site. Please help....THANKS in advance....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure the T-Fence sensor is straddling the T-Fence. It's easy to install it and forget to do that. If that's not the issue, try manually moving the head over to the far left side and then turn the printer on. Let us know where the error happens.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
Make sure the T-Fence sensor is straddling the T-Fence. It's easy to install it and forget to do that. If that's not the issue, try manually moving the head over to the far left side and then turn the printer on. Let us know where the error happens.

The error happens as the carriage tries to release from the Maintenance Station. BUT before this happens the carriage also makes a right motion 3 times as if its stuck. Hope I am explaining it okay...it is strange and have never seen it do this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The error happens as the carriage tries to release from the Maintenance Station. BUT before this happens the carriage also makes a right motion 3 times as if its stuck. Hope I am explaining it okay...it is strange and have never seen it do this.

Take a look at the head lock mechanism. If it's bent too far left, the head will fail to unlock and cause this issue. An easy way to test this idea is to simply tape the lock down so the head is permanently unlocked. Then try to run the printer as normal. If it does, you can bend the lock back into place with some pliers but the problem may come back over time as the metal is weakened. It's a part you can replace if needed. Usually it's just bent though.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
It actually stopped the three times the carriage was banging to the right doing that but when it tries to release off that maintenance station is when it throws the same error

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
I had to let you know... I took off the new t-fence and cleaned the machine down and put back on with a new spring. It is now running!! It is now asking for cleaning cartridges. Is this normal after being down for a few weeks? I will purchase them now if so. All the ink cartridges I have are full.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Power the machine on while holding the up, right, and down keys. Once it boots up, scroll down through the menu and look for the Parameter menu. Enter into that menu and then scroll down to Update and hit enter. Then scroll down until you see a parameter called, "CHARGE FLG" and change the value to "User/Init:Charge". Once it is saved, reboot in normal mode. That should get you back to working condition.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
You're amazing and can't thank you enough for this help!! It got as far as checking paper and it threw a E071 PF Current. I thought by replacing the E074 Err CR2 Current this would have stopped. Is it the other motor diagonal to the replaced one? Any thoughts on that? Thank you so much for your expertise!!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The PF Current error is the same type of error except for the print feed motor instead of the CR motor. Make sure the paper isn't at the end of the roll and still glued to the core! Then just check for anything that may stop the printer from moving the material forward. If everything looks good, clean the encoder disc behind the left side cover.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
I cleaned it off and still the same error. :( Do you suggest I buy a new disc and feed motor? I see your site sells these. Ready to pull my hair out with being so far behind schedule with this one. I can usually work my way around these machines but this one stumped me for sure!! Thank you so much for your expert help, I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!! :):)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No problem it's what we do! Motors rarely go bad. It's almost always a physical jam or the encoder disc and/or sensor is going bad.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
No problem it's what we do! Motors rarely go bad. It's almost always a physical jam or the encoder disc and/or sensor is going bad.
I wanted to thank you so much for your help!! I changed the disc and THAT WAS THE TRICK!!! I will hold onto the sensor for spare parts. I haven't seen it print this good in sometime! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
For some reason I cannot post a new thread and not sure why? I have a question in regards to a vinyl on a customers car. First, this came wrapped from factory. It is about 2.5 years old. Do you have any idea what this modeling is on the matte black and if there is a cleaner that would be best.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
I hope you don't mind me reaching out. It's been about 6 months with my printer being free and clear of issues, until last night : / on a rush order. It is starting to throw the E074 CR2 Current code AGAIN. I cleaned the t-fence, disc and sensors. It was printing and seems to stop about 75 or 80% into the print. The head stops almost center but to the right a little more. Any suggestions to try?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Move the head carriage back and forth by hand to check for resistance. If you feel any, clean the bearing guides (4 of them) and lightly lubricate with a swab and 3in1 oil. Put a tiny drop of oil on the side of the bearings. Move the head carriage back and forth by hand to distribute the oil. If the carriage is moving freely and easily and you continue to get the error, then it's likely your CR motor is starting to fail.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
Move the head carriage back and forth by hand to check for resistance. If you feel any, clean the bearing guides (4 of them) and lightly lubricate with a swab and 3in1 oil. Put a tiny drop of oil on the side of the bearings. Move the head carriage back and forth by hand to distribute the oil. If the carriage is moving freely and easily and you continue to get the error, then it's likely your CR motor is starting to fail.

I searched this similar issue and came across a thread you gave suggestions to that was from 2016 with the exact issue I seem to be having. I am trying to run the printer with the top off to see if my cables are causing any issue. It prints some of the image an then just sits or I would get a large block of all ink mixed together. I will let you know if I have any luck. Thank you for the reply. I did use a little lubrication after I cleaned the machine down but didn't put on the bearings. I will try that as well.

amylynncomitz

Smart Designs
So far it's printed 3 files without issue with the top off. When I took the top off I was able to see the possible problem area. The cables were rubbing against the lid and am wondering if any type of static was happening. Have you ever heard of this? I cleaned it off and will replace once this nightmare of a job is completed. Thanks again for the expertise!!!!