• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1304A in storage 2 years

A Mutoh VJ1304A just feel in my lap like mana from heaven. It has been setting up for two years in a warehouse. It powers on however there is no ink. I ordered some cheap ink to try to test to see if it works. What are your recommendations for bringing this back to working order. Are there videos online that show how to properly maintain this printer? What do I need to inspect? What do I need to get.

At this time I can not afford a tech to come out. I'm on a shoe string budge. I mostly work with vinyl. I have never messed with digital printing. I have a local funeral home that is wanting to wrap caskets. So I am jumping in blind and learning how to wrap. Any suggestions on what would be a good vinyl to wrap caskets with? Cheap vinyl would be the best as this will only shown once.

Any help would be appreciated.

heyskull

If it has been sitting that long the very least it will need is a new print head, head cable and complete maintenance station.
It has been too long of line to hope to reinstate the head even if it was left with cleaning fluid in it.
You will save time and money if you replace these three items, sadly their is no cheap fix.
Replace all three and clean the ink lines with cleaning fluid and if it was working before it will work again.

SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Give us a call and we can help get you on the right track. We also have methods that you can use to save a lot of money on refurbishing your machine!

thanks for the replies. Looks like $4000 would get it up and running. Can I do this myself or should I have a tech come out for $200 an hour? I wonder if there are techs in Arkansas?