• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ1324 Print

Netter26

Hello, this is my first post here. I bought a used Valuejet 1324 a couple months ago. It's printed great up until now. I always do a clean and a couple nozzle checks before printing. But for the last couple prints it has been leaving streaks. I did the CR Maintence as well and it's still leaving streaks... do I need a new wiper?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    869.3 KB · Views: 345

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not the head or the maintenance station, your material is tunneling up high enough to contact the head.
Could b a lot of things - bad material - heat setting too high - not loaded straight - not loaded square on the take-up reel.
Need to think back on what has changed from the time it was printing well to these issues.

wayne k
guam usa

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Also check your head height. Not a huge difference in height, but we print everything on 'high'

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When it comes to media buckling the main things are loading the material straight and proper heat settings. If the roll is telescoped, no matter how straight you load the material it will start to skew so just make sure the roll is nice and flush on each side. Some materials are just more prone to buckling so you just have to lower the heat, turn the vacuums up 100% and raise the head height. Most of the time buckling comes form heat settings being too high so you can just back them off until it works properly.

Netter26

Great! Thank you. I'll reduce the heat and turn the vacuum up and give that a try. I know I'm printing with the head height on low as well. I can give it a shot printing on high if I have to also. Thanks guys for all the advice!