Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mutoh VJ1324 Print

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Netter26, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Netter26

Netter26 New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Iowa
    Hello, this is my first post here. I bought a used Valuejet 1324 a couple months ago. It's printed great up until now. I always do a clean and a couple nozzle checks before printing. But for the last couple prints it has been leaving streaks. I did the CR Maintence as well and it's still leaving streaks... do I need a new wiper?

Thank you

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Not the head or the maintenance station, your material is tunneling up high enough to contact the head.
    Could b a lot of things - bad material - heat setting too high - not loaded straight - not loaded square on the take-up reel.
    Need to think back on what has changed from the time it was printing well to these issues.

wayne k
    guam usa

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Netter26

Netter26 New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Iowa
    Thank you, I did switch out material so I'll check all of that out more in depth. Thanks again!

4. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    Also check your head height. Not a huge difference in height, but we print everything on 'high'

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    When it comes to media buckling the main things are loading the material straight and proper heat settings. If the roll is telescoped, no matter how straight you load the material it will start to skew so just make sure the roll is nice and flush on each side. Some materials are just more prone to buckling so you just have to lower the heat, turn the vacuums up 100% and raise the head height. Most of the time buckling comes form heat settings being too high so you can just back them off until it works properly.

6. Netter26

Netter26 New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Iowa
    Great! Thank you. I'll reduce the heat and turn the vacuum up and give that a try. I know I'm printing with the head height on low as well. I can give it a shot printing on high if I have to also. Thanks guys for all the advice!

7. unmateria

unmateria Member

Nov 30, 2017
    zaragoza
    Check also that all little rollers are Rolling and no one is stucked