• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1324 Problems

cmangham

I had a problem with the head missing nozzles and did what I normally would do to fix. A thorough cleaning and then worse case putting solution in the capping station then running a cleaning when it has been bad before and it fixed it. This time i had a problem with the Maintenance station so I replaced it (2nd one i have replace) and when powering back on it gave me a E068 Err CR Encoder.

so at this point this is what I have replaced-

1.Encoder & Strip - Still same error. Got Mutoh on the phone and they verified with me the encoder and strip are reading correctly.

2 Replaced the motor - power back on and still the same error.

What can I do now to get this printer up and going because these are the items mutoh went thru and said replace? Need help bad. Going on 2 weeks we have been down!

heyskull

If this has had missing nozzles for any length of time (7 days or more) you will not recover the head.
Have you checked that the maintenance station is sitting correctly and has no leaks when it does a clean?
Also is it definitley pulling ink, as you will see this in the return lines under the pump?
I would of guessed when replacing the maintenance station you have splashed some ink on the encoder or sensor.
SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unlock the head and move it by hand all the way to the left of the machine. Then power on and tell us what happens.

cmangham

Unlock the head and move it by hand all the way to the left of the machine. Then power on and tell us what happens.
It gives the exact same error. As soon as it powers up and finishes initializing, the error immediately pops up E068 Err CR Encoder. I replaced the maintenance station first, then the t fence and the encoder and then the motor and still does the same thing

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It gives the exact same error. As soon as it powers up and finishes initializing, the error immediately pops up E068 Err CR Encoder. I replaced the maintenance station first, then the t fence and the encoder and then the motor and still does the same thing

Does the head move to the home position?