• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1604 Still have sub tank low errors

heyskull

On my Mutoh VJ1604 I still have sub tank low errors after replacing the sub tank valves.
What should I change next?

I notice the sensor is triggered by a metal plate attached to the sub tank bladder, which seems a little hit and miss.
It must be still working as the machine would not work at all and once the error is cleared in the morning it is normally OK.
I just don't want it to come up with a low sub tank error whilst printing like it was doing before I put the new valves in.

Thanks
SC

I used to manually pour the subtank,when all else fail, its the last resort, its a totally mess but it worked for me, you just need to have the bladder filled until the senser senses the stainless holder.

heyskull

That sounds like a horrendous way to sort it, not to mention very messy.
Is it not just an issue with the sensor not reading correctly and needs bent into a new position.
Maybe this is why the later machines had the cartridges on top.

SC