• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1604_won't print anything after cleaning heads

Signie in Oz

Wondering if any advice on the following:

I had some blocked heads in the black only. I removed the heads and flushed the heads with some cleaning solution.

When I put the heads back in it kept saying Error Head Cable. The cable did need replacing and can confirm it was plugged in correctly. I replaced the print Head Cables.

At first I was getting an Err Head Heat but fixed this by reversing the print head cable. The machine now goes through full initialization at start, and have done a series of head cleans but now when I print... no ink comes out of the print heads at all.

Now when I do the nozzle check no ink prints on any of the colours.
I can confirm that there is ink in the print heads also.

I also did a head flush (ink only - i.e. not with cleaning carts) where I discharged the inks and then did an ink charge.

Also, best to add that I have checked the dampers which seem ok and can physically see the ink sucking through the lines when I do a Head Clean.

Haven't ruled out replacing maintenance station yet, and not sure if it is still a printhead issue or a main board issue? I have read of maybe blowing the fuses in the main board or the main board altogether when I had the head cable incorrect the first time.

Any feedback or advice would be great. Thanks

97GTB

Not 100% familiar with the Mutoh, but if the ink is making through to the waste bottle, that should indicate that there isn't an ink flow issue.

So as you have read, I would look at blown head, head board, main board or possibly all 3. But recheck all your cables again first just in case something isn't connecting right.

Signie in Oz

Hi 97GTB,

Thanks for this info...

I have heard that it might not be the CR Board...is this what you mean by 'Head Board'?

Also, have you heard of any info on blown fuses on the main board and having them replaced?

Cheers again

97GTB

Hi 97GTB,

I have heard that it might not be the CR Board...is this what you mean by 'Head Board'?

Cheers again

I'd say CR (Carriage?) board is head board or slider board, depending on manufacturer terminology.

Someone I know had a similar issue with a Mimaki jv33 and it blew head, CR / head board and Main board, tech changed all 3 but not head cable errored again and had blown a fuse on the main board.

Pretty sure he said the techo then just changed the head cable and the fuse and it cleared the error.

Signie in Oz

Cheers for your replies....

Would have thought if the main board or CR board was blown the printer wouldn't receive any messages from the rip software to print.

It currently recieves messages (eg...nozzle check, clean, files to print) and prints them to size just without ink.

Perhaps it is a fuse / cable issue....

Start with the fuse / cheaper option I guess...

positively its the f2 fuse at the back of the big black heatsink of your board, try to test it with a multimeter continuity, it can be repaired if you have the newer version board you can easily detached the fuse to its holder try to search for some older threads they had illustrated how to repair it

Signie in Oz

Thanks Timson ads,

Will run a multimeter over and test fuses etc...also currently checking prices on replacement fuses and capacitors.

I have a question though, would I have likely blown the printhead also?...ie would I need a replacement head in addition to the fuses / capacitors?

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers..

pancarta.es

Same problem

If you are lucky, it is the F2 fuse.

Thank you for your thread, i am looking for an answer to the same problem.
For me it started more or less the same way, buy i have also gone through the following error signals.

Head cable,
Head heat,
CR current,

Now, after checking all cables and finally changing all cables, i replaced the main board since all problems are connected to it. I have also changed the CR sensor just to make sure, i ran it is test mode and i got a reed of the encoder strip.

Someone explained to me that replacing the mainboard without replacing the printhead at the same time can fry the mainboard if the error is with the printhead. Problem is that i had a spare printhead that i tested, with the same problems occuring.

But never the less it was also possible that the broken mainboard fried the spare printhead. So to make sure i had to go out and buy a new mainboard and a new printhead to install them at the same time.....

What happens,,,, nothing changes. Now i am stuck at Error CR current!
The new mainboard does not accept firmware installation. In fact non of the mainboard are currently accepting any data. Not firmwares, not parameter or heater firmware.

I have also tried three different network cables to see if that could be a part of that perticular problem.

I am utterly stuck, and i have had three tech companies here without any results, i have spent 6000€ in parts and i really would appreciete some qualifyed guesses or praise the lord some anwers to our problems.

I wish you all the best of luck.

D