• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1624 flushing pad fit GS6000??

Reaction GFX

Can anyone confirm that the flushing pads sold for the Mutoh VJ 1624 is the same as the one in my Epson GS6000? I know a lot of the parts are interchangeable, often at a HUGE savings over buying OEM Epson parts. (Epson wanted some ridiculous amount for replacement media flanges/roll adapters--I bought the Mutoh ones online for $16/ea and they were identical!) The flushing pads seem readily available online, but no one lists actual dimensions of the pad. Want to be sure it's the right one before ordering. Thanks!!

After more research, they do NOT look to be the same. The Mutoh pad has 9 holes in it while the Epson pad only has 6. Anyone know if it can be trimmed to fit and/or made to work somehow? I can get a 5 pack of replacement Mutoh pads for the price of one Epson pad.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can put anything in there that will absorb the ink but also not let it splash back onto the head. That's why they are a hard type of sponge but also very porous. I have heard of people using cut to size maxi pads even.

Reaction GFX

You can put anything in there that will absorb the ink but also not let it splash back onto the head. That's why they are a hard type of sponge but also very porous. I have heard of people using cut to size maxi pads even.

Yes, I'm aware. I've been using quilting fleece in there for about the last year, but I'm getting a ton of overspray in the carriage parking area, so figured I'd try to go back to something closer to OEM. It's possible my choice of quilting fleece is just not dense enough to absorb much, so it's making a mess. Perhaps I'll give a maxi pad a go.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes, I'm aware. I've been using quilting fleece in there for about the last year, but I'm getting a ton of overspray in the carriage parking area, so figured I'd try to go back to something closer to OEM. It's possible my choice of quilting fleece is just not dense enough to absorb much, so it's making a mess. Perhaps I'll give a maxi pad a go.

Splatter in the maintenance area usually means the wiper is too stiff, which can happen with 3rd party wipers, and/or the little ramp that is next to the print head that allows the wiper to smoothly move up rather than flick is not on there anymore.

Reaction GFX

Splatter in the maintenance area usually means the wiper is too stiff, which can happen with 3rd party wipers, and/or the little ramp that is next to the print head that allows the wiper to smoothly move up rather than flick is not on there anymore.

I definitely wouldn't call it "splatter," more of an even overspray/mist, which could be a totally unrelated issue. It doesn't affect print quality and cleans up easily enough, but I know it probably shouldn't be doing that. Figured I'd start by replacing the flushing pad with something more appropriate and see if anything changes. I've never replaced the wiper, and this machine is 8 years old. Pretty sure the little ramp you mention is still there.