• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ426 UV Damper Source

Old Printer

Premium Subscriber
Looking for a source for OEM quality replacement damper. VJ-1614 is Mutoh part number and is cross-referencing with a Roland part VS-640/RA--640 making it look like Roland is really the OEM. Cost for the Roland part is about a quarter of the Mutoh. Seems like these dampers are used for both inkjet and UV. Anybody have any experience? Thanks

Joe House

Roland has actually re-engineered their dampers to work better on their printers. They may work just fine, but I'd contact a Mutoh dealer and get the genuine Mutoh dampers for that printer. Better safe than sorry.

Good Luck

Old Printer

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your reply's. The dampers are clear (translucent), look to be of molded nylon. There are no markings of any type on them. We took a chance and ordered a set from Amazon from a vendor with a decent reputation that promised Roland OEM parts. They cost 25% of what the MUTOH parts cost. They came in next day and I have gone over them under magnification, comparing with the originals. I looked for an differences down to mold marks, small tabs etc and could not find even the slightest visual difference. We are going to take a chance and install them. I don't know what Roland charges for them. If we have a bad experience I will post back. Thanks