• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Vj628 printing weird

JasonToledo

My Mutoh Vj 629 eco solvent is printing weird. I have inserted images. I have done the all the cleanings and changed the pad. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_194741.jpg
    IMG_20190930_194741.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20190930_194651.jpg
    IMG_20190930_194651.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20190930_194606.jpg
    IMG_20190930_194606.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20190930_194746.jpg
    IMG_20190930_194746.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 232

Saturn

Aging Member
Can you post your nozzle check or tell us how that looks? Are these files that you have printed in the past with good results?

JasonToledo

Can you post your nozzle check or tell us how that looks? Are these files that you have printed in the past with good results?

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_202745.jpg
    IMG_20190930_202745.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20190930_202804.jpg
    IMG_20190930_202804.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20190930_202809.jpg
    IMG_20190930_202809.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 219

Saturn

Aging Member
Hopefully one of the techs jumps in with a little insight.

I'd make sure the encoder strip and wheel are both free of gunk, and that any recent headstrikes didn't bump things more than you realized. The nozzle check sure looks okay from what I can tell. I'd also be trying a few other files with fresh RIPs just to rule that out too. It does look like it's spraying funny though at first glance... Hopefully it rings a bell with someone and it's a simple fix.

JasonToledo

I'd make sure the encoder strip and wheel are both free of gunk, and that any recent headstrikes didn't bump things more than you realized. The nozzle check sure looks okay from what I can tell. I'd also be trying a few other files with fresh RIPs just to rule that out too. It does look like it's spraying funny though at first glance... Hopefully it rings a bell with someone and it's a simple fix.
Encoder strip? Fresh Rips? ok il'' look into both, thanks?

JasonToledo

Ok....what's a fresh rip?

Saturn

Aging Member
Ok....what's a fresh rip?

Basically I just mean a freshly created print file—Not one that you're already having trouble with. RIP stands for Raster Image Processor and is basically the last process your file goes through before it hits the media. I assume you're using LXi or Flexi, those are your RIP software.

JasonToledo

Basically I just mean a freshly created print file—Not one that you're already having trouble with. RIP stands for Raster Image Processor and is basically the last process your file goes through before it hits the media. I assume you're using LXi or Flexi, those are your RIP software.
I'm using illustrator cc2019. Should I use one of the others you listed?

Saturn

Aging Member
Illustrator is great for creating things, but you wouldn't normally be actually printing from it with this printer. Mutoh, or SignWarehouse if it's the ValueJet version, will include several pieces of software when you purchase the printer. One of them would be what I'm referring to as the RIP. If you don't have that software installed you'll need to figure out how to get it on your computer.

JasonToledo

Illustrator is great for creating things, but you wouldn't normally be actually printing from it with this printer. Mutoh, or SignWarehouse if it's the ValueJet version, will include several pieces of software when you purchase the printer. One of them would be what I'm referring to as the RIP. If you don't have that software installed you'll need to figure out how to get it on your computer.
I took your advice and tried flexi....What a difference. It fixed all of my issues with my printer. Everything is working great and looking great as well. I will still use Illustrator to design and cut, and flexi for printing. I don't know if the flexi design program sucks or if it's just me for being use to using illustrator.