• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VS. Vista

greglauter

I was wondering if anyone else has set up a Mutoh ValueJet 1204 running Flexi 8.5 on Vista without a hitch? I am having a hard time with my Mutoh and Vista. I can only get it to print 1/2 way through, the color is way off and it only prints in one direction (can't rotate). Anyone having these issues with Vista/Mutoh?

rcboats1

I am haveing no problems running my VJ 1604 on Vista, but I'm also running Wasatch not Flexi. I hope you get it worked out.

jc1cell

What kind of problems are you having with Vista.

We are running Vista Home Premium with Wasatch 6.1 and are getting mainly issues on the OS end with a "Failure to create Security....".

Other than that Wasatch runs well.

jc

greglauter

Interesting. What it is doing is printing half way and stopping, the color is WAY off and I can only print in one direction. If I set to portrait, it prints portrait. When i set to print landscape it prints portrait. Grrr

Graphics2u

Interesting. What it is doing is printing half way and stopping, the color is WAY off and I can only print in one direction. If I set to portrait, it prints portrait. When i set to print landscape it prints portrait. Grrr

Have you had this running on an XP system to know if it really is a Vista Issue?

jc1cell

Did your mutoh come with any other print software other than Flexi?

I think I read a similar situation on a different post and the user began using the rip supplied with the printer and all was well. You may want to try that if you have the option.

Keep in mind that flexi 8 and Vista are fairly new and do have bugs. Make sure you have all the vista updates and flexi also...if they provide any.

I constantly get BSODs with Vista and it's driving me craaaazzyyyy!!!

jc

greglauter

i am in the process of taking Vista off of the PC and installing XP. I am pretty confident it may be a Vista issue. I will post once I give it a go. Thanks guys!

Robert M

Vista

I am running Flexi 8.5 & Vista Home permium with a Valuejet and I have had the same issues. Make sure that you do the followig
in rip & print window, hit advanced tab, hit driver options and then check mark enable driver options. you also need to make sure your profile and media match in the rip & print window. For some reason Flexi will not always load in Vista. good luck