• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh w/ Flexi...aweful color. HELP!

RobertO78

Mutoh VJ 1608 Hybrid with Flexi 8.5. I use various media and ICC profiles. They all look the same...that is not my issue, though I feel it is likely one. I match the profile with the media and print. In 'RIP and Print', when using "color correction', everything comes out pinks and yellows. When I use no color correction, it is closer to the actual colors, but colors are dark and faded....if that makes any sense. At my previous job we calibrated all color printers daily with spectrophotometers. Here they won't spring for that and EXACT color matching is not a priority. Is there a simple fix I'm missing?? Can anyone tell me a simple setup in the rip'n'print tabs to at least come CLOSE to matching colors?

Stealth Ryder

Mutoh VJ 1608 Hybrid with Flexi 8.5. I use various media and ICC profiles. They all look the same...that is not my issue, though I feel it is likely one. I match the profile with the media and print. In 'RIP and Print', when using "color correction', everything comes out pinks and yellows. When I use no color correction, it is closer to the actual colors, but colors are dark and faded....if that makes any sense. At my previous job we calibrated all color printers daily with spectrophotometers. Here they won't spring for that and EXACT color matching is not a priority. Is there a simple fix I'm missing?? Can anyone tell me a simple setup in the rip'n'print tabs to at least come CLOSE to matching colors?

Welcome Robert... Exactly what are you printing on and what profile are you using? What type of image are you printing?