• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Wrap Class

300mphGraphics

Finally, tomorrow I wrap. Taking Mutoh's wrap class with Justin Pate tomorrow in Phoenix. I've been trying to go to this for a couple years now, but the timing never worked. Been too busy to get excited about it, until today. It will be nice to have some actual hands on training from one of the best rather than reading Signs101, watching Jason at AZ Pro, and trial and error. Pricey class, but torching a hole in a logo yesterday was kind of expensive too! Anyone else going or have taken this one before?

https://graphics.averydennison.com/en/home/resource-center/wrap-training.html

justin pate

I have not done mutohs classes but i did do a mactac class years ago with justin pate and youre in good hands man there is no better teacher and he has had his hands on every vinyl and situation you can imagine. He knows what you need to know and knows how to teach it. Just be vigilant ask any questions you have and get your hands on everything you can. I have been wrapping for 5+ years now and the class is no doubt what laid the ground work for what i know.....nothing better than hands on and the money should be well spent! And pick up a heat gun until you are comfortable with that torch haha, take care and good luck!

ironchef

Greetings, i just took the class this week, it was great, i didnt do the certification test yet but i took the design class. I think its all worth it even with out the 25yd roll lol. Thats just icing on the cake, plus you get a bunch of avery tools. Getting hands on experience with justin to help you out where you need it is great, but watching him work his magic is insane, plus he explains it all down to the slightest detail.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Learning techniques from very experienced installers is NEVER a bad thing. But nothing beats putting days and months into wrapping on your own.
You can watch someone play an instrument and explain as they go...but you can't learn it until you've put your hands to it.

300mphGraphics

You can watch someone play an instrument...
This is similar to the analogy I made during the class. I felt like I was learning how to play guitar from Eric Clapton. Watching Justin lay a panel and what he could do with the vinyl, made me want to throw my hands up and quit. I'll never be that good.

That said, I got my money's worth from the class within minutes of starting. Every part of my vehicle graphic installations will be greatly improved.

The freebies were great too, as was meeting Randya from Signs101/Mutoh.

Chriswagner92

Greetings, i just took the class this week, it was great, i didnt do the certification test yet but i took the design class. I think its all worth it even with out the 25yd roll lol. Thats just icing on the cake, plus you get a bunch of avery tools. Getting hands on experience with justin to help you out where you need it is great, but watching him work his magic is insane, plus he explains it all down to the slightest detail.

about that 25 yard roll. do you get to pick the color and everything and is it 60"? I'm interested in the avery class but i have to wait until it comes near me again.

SlightlyChilled

When I went you got the short kit a roll of lam and 1005EZ vinyl. It was a good time cheaper then it is know. Justin was a nice guy and we still email now and then. Real down to earth. You can't go wrong

300mphGraphics

about that 25 yard roll. do you get to pick the color and everything and is it 60"? I'm interested in the avery class but i have to wait until it comes near me again.
I just received an email from Linda, the Avery Rep who was at the class: Everyone gets a choice of either MPI 1005SC EZRS with DOL 1360 both 54" x 25 yards or a roll of the Supreme Wrapping Film 60" x 25 yards in gloss or matte finish.

Feller's catalog price on the Supreme Wrapping Film 900 is $533. On the MPI with the DOL Fellers is at $588. Almost makes taking the class a no brainer.

Chriswagner92

I just received an email from Linda, the Avery Rep who was at the class: Everyone gets a choice of either MPI 1005SC EZRS with DOL 1360 both 54" x 25 yards or a roll of the Supreme Wrapping Film 60" x 25 yards in gloss or matte finish.

Feller's catalog price on the Supreme Wrapping Film 900 is $533. On the MPI with the DOL Fellers is at $588. Almost makes taking the class a no brainer.

So any color sw900 you want? I think the class will be the first thing I do when I get my tax return next year.