• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh XpertJet 1641SR VS VJ1624

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Hello all!

Some may know via my previous posts that we have (2) 1624's in operation now. We have replaced several parts on both machines and both still tick along with the occasional hiccup, which is now becoming more of a problem on one of them. We're so busy right now and likely through the end of the year and each one of these machines barely catches a break, they're even printing through the night. If either one goes down we'll be in a real pinch.

There is a special running right now on the XpertJet 1641SR and I am just curious if anyone here has any feedback on this printer? Bonus points if you're familiar with and compare against the 1624. I'm just trying to compare the two's performance and quality. I know they use a new Mutoh eco-solvent ink that appears to be quite a bit cheaper than the ValueJet inks.

Do know that we're planning on stepping up and purchasing a UCJV300-160 in the future, this is just a hard deal to pass up and will help me sleep easier at night for the time being. Especially with being around a third of the upfront cost when compared to the Mimaki.

lbpalm

Hello all!

Some may know via my previous posts that we have (2) 1624's in operation now. We have replaced several parts on both machines and both still tick along with the occasional hiccup, which is now becoming more of a problem on one of them. We're so busy right now and likely through the end of the year and each one of these machines barely catches a break, they're even printing through the night. If either one goes down we'll be in a real pinch.

There is a special running right now on the XpertJet 1641SR and I am just curious if anyone here has any feedback on this printer? Bonus points if you're familiar with and compare against the 1624. I'm just trying to compare the two's performance and quality. I know they use a new Mutoh eco-solvent ink that appears to be quite a bit cheaper than the ValueJet inks.

Do know that we're planning on stepping up and purchasing a UCJV300-160 in the future, this is just a hard deal to pass up and will help me sleep easier at night for the time being. Especially with being around a third of the upfront cost when compared to the Mimaki.

--Who is running the special?
I am interested in this printer.
Thanks in advance!

Sindex Printing

Fellers was running a deal on one. I am in the process of getting one. Victor from Axiom was able to get close to the deal Fellers had. I decided to go with Axiom being that Victor is a great tech and has been a great to deal with in the past.

rjssigns

I have a 1624x. When the SR came out I called the dealer and asked about upgrading. Dealer told me there wasn't enough of a difference to warrant a switch. That being said there may be some deals on the 1624x. Been quite happy with mine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a 1624x. When the SR came out I called the dealer and asked about upgrading. Dealer told me there wasn't enough of a difference to warrant a switch. That being said there may be some deals on the 1624x. Been quite happy with mine.

Good advice from your dealer. There is nothing wrong with the new machine but I would describe it as a 1624X Plus rather than a new model. It uses the same head and everything. They just added some useful features.