• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutton 1638uh

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
In response to Gino's post above:

Because of auto correct, NO SHEEP WERE HARMED in the making of this post.

JB

JasonP

I have the 1626uh, the model prior to the 1638. After two years of trying different brands of corro, and different brands of prep solutions (nastiest chemicals in the shop) we send our coroplast printing out source. Approx 30 days outdoor is all we can get. And even if used indoors, the ink will flake off when trimmed. Very disappointed in the printer on this point and I even cut ties with the dealer that set me up with this machine. Mutoh themselves has never been able to answer the question as to why it fails. They just go on to say that all UV printed ink has a lower life expectancy. Not true! Would have considered the 1638 or the new Performance Jet as my upgrade path, but if the ink is the same (all accounts it is) then the conversation is a non-starter.

Sindex Printing

I am currently in a battle with Mutoh with the 1638uh. They get in up and going working perfect then 3 to 4 days later it goes back to the same issues of color consistency throughout the print. Now Mutoh is telling me its environmental issues. (It wasn't an issue when we were talking to them before the purchase.) I offered for them to buy the machine back so they replaced it with another machine that is having the same issues. After 2 days of running. At this point I would never buy another Mutoh product.

Sindex Printing

I am currently in a battle with Mutoh with the 1638uh. They get in up and going working perfect then 3 to 4 days later it goes back to the same issues of color consistency throughout the print. Now Mutoh is telling me its environmental issues. (It wasn't an issue when we were talking to them before the purchase.) I offered for them to buy the machine back so they replaced it with another machine that is having the same issues. After 2 days of running. At this point I would never buy another Mutoh product.

From what it looks like after another service call and having Axiom onsite for 4 days it seems that 90% of the issues have been fixed. Still have some small issues with consistency with printing day to day. We are using the us11 ink. For the best results we have to print at a minimum of 720x1440, increased the humidity, keeping the temp between 65 and 75, doing strong head cleans after every 20 to 25 feet of roll material or after 8 to 10 feet of substrate printing (1 to 2 hours of straight printing) and doing a "daily maintenance" every 4 hours. We have finally got to the point we can get jobs off and stop losing money every month. If anyone need help we are definitely willing to share any information to help getting someone running. If anyone wants to see one run in an actual shop (not a trade show) feel free to come by.