• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MX Graphics - Trying to color match with the Roland! Help :(

ProVogue

Hello All,

I am having a really hard time matching colors to the different brands of bikes. I am using an older XC-540 and trying to use the Roland spot colors to get something consistent but even those are hit or miss. KTM has been a real headache. I understand getting vibrant prints and matching perfectly is tough but there has to be a way to get them somewhat close? I almost resorted to going with the new truVIS printer but I have a feeling thats not my problem..

Any tips are appreciated. Here are my current settings/material/equipment.

printer - XC-540
material - Substance X1 Matte
color settings - RGB - Spot colors (For a couple brands)
Versaworks settings - If not using spot colors I have been using "Max output."

Thanks to anyone who can help!

IsItFasst

I personally just print out a giant color chart which I leave hanging on my wall (squares are about 1 inch). When I am color matching I just hold up what I am trying to match to that chart and use the color number for my file which most closely matches it. Different profiles will yield different results (obviously) but as long as I am using my standard print profile this is the most accurate way I have found.

dypinc

With some RIPs you can see what color you're actually sending to the device and then I would build the color chart with variation of the device color and set that as the replacement color for the color you want to match. That will insure the highest gamut from your printer and get you closer to the match your looking for. The other option is to read in the LAB values of the color you want to match with your spectro. Since this will get you a lot closer to begin with, then create the color chart with variations of device color generated by the lab values.