• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my 4 month old l25500

quicksigns

Check out what happen to my 4 month old latex printer today. Was printing a job and all of a sudden I heard a loud snap coming from the machine. I saw a string hanging out of the machine and thought that I accidentally had a string caught up in there. but when I look closer, the string was coming from the printhead pulley cord. It started shredding. This thing is no more then 4 month old.

Attachments

• printer.jpg
    printer.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 91
  • shredd.jpg
    shredd.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 85
  • hangin.jpg
    hangin.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 70
  • strings.jpg
    strings.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 89

RobbyMac

We didnt get grainy... but our warm colors started being 'off'. Print head test patterns all looked good (as in we weren't missing anywhere).
Swapped the magenta printheads and our colors came back to normal.

You might want to try replacing one of the heads to see what it does.

FWIW, I used the plastic and rubber caps that come with the new printheads, installed them on the old printheads. Heat sealed them in plastic.

The heads hadn't dried out after about a month of being stored like this, when I had to pull an old head and re-install it in a pinch.

HulkSmash

i'm this close to taking a sledge hammer to my printer.

changed all 6 print heads... still nothing.

here's what it's doing.. grainy prints...

Attachments

• 20120306_114810.jpg
    20120306_114810.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20120306_1158571.jpg
    20120306_1158571.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 71

rjssigns

Could be a bad spot in the material...? Had this happen with client supplied material, fortunately they had a fresh roll in stock which worked great. This was on our Roland so I am not sure you would get the same results.

HulkSmash

this happens on banner, poster paper, vinyl... 6 types...
every profile prints teh same.... im so confused...so is hp

CanuckSigns

I'll be keeping my eye on these threads, I've been considering a latex when our roland dies, when they first came out they were the second coming, i'll be interested to see how they stand the test of time.

HulkSmash

Looks like a heat issue to me..

I'm sure if you switched to Flexi RIP it'd fix it!

i rather rip my heart out then switch to flexi. I would try flexi.. but i'm not paying 800 bucks to upgrade a POS software that i'm not sure would even fix my issue.

Suz

Colorado, hope you get this resolved quickly. None of us can afford to have major equipment go down. Sending good vibes your way!

quicksigns

What?! Did my thread got jacked from coloradosigns? Well Hp came out and fixed my shredded pulley if anyone's concern. j/k its cool.

cdiesel

i rather rip my heart out then switch to flexi. I would try flexi.. but i'm not paying 800 bucks to upgrade a POS software that i'm not sure would even fix my issue.

Dude, that was a total inside joke you should've gotten.. I hope Chris got it at least!