• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My 4G iPod Touch & Apps

JAMEY

So who else has the new 4th Generation iPod Touch? I have one and love it. It's my first iPod. I can't wait to try that FaceTime app for the video chat but don't know anybody else that has one. If any of you have FaceTime, I would love to try it with you. Might need some help using it. Might not.

This thing has a HD Video camera that does some good video. It has front and rear cameras so you can see yourself or what you're facing. It has a built in microphone too.

I added the Skype app and can use this thing as a friggin' phone! I upgraded my Skype account to cover a year of outgoing calls to all kinds of phones with it instead of just online Skype users. It was pretty cheap. $30-$40 if I remember right for the whole year.

Anyways, here is a list of the apps (paid and free) I have and like...

Fun Apps:

• Bejeweled 2 - Puzzle game...wife and I love it.
  • Enigmo - A cool game where you gotta place/angle items to get water drops lined up to fill a container. One of the top rated games. I play it once in a while.
  • Real Racing - Awesome graphics and controls. I play it once in a while. Eats the battery pretty good...play plugged in.
  • Talking Tom - Awesome little dude that says what you say and he has some actions he does too. You can record things too and send straight to email, Facebook, or Youtube.
Useful Apps:

• Dragon Dictation - Type with your voice. It works pretty good actually. You can send to Facebook, email, and more.
  • DropBox - Great for getting files to or from your iPod and your computer(s). It sync them all too. So If I put a file in my DropBox on my computer here, it shows up on all my DropBox locations including my iPod, my Netbook, and my Desktop. Works fast.
  • Google Earth - Cool app for inspecting properties and locations.
  • 2Do: Tasks Done In Style - Great scheduler. I use it often for all kinds things including shopping lists!
  • AppBox Pro - Has all kinds of good apps built into it.
  • Camera Plus Pro - Great little camera app works with picture and video mode.
  • CraigslistPro+ - Great little app for posting new ads and browsing Craigslist. I can search multiple areas I choose too! Like Craigslist Miami and Craigslist Chicago and wherever else I want also. You can cover your whole state if ya want I think.
  • Easy Percentage Calculator - Love it. Self explanatory.
  • eBay Mobile - Good eBay tool.
  • eBay Selling - Fast way to check your auctions.
  • PayPal - Good little tool. You can send money and access your account with it.
  • FaceBook - Must have for the FaceBookers out there. Remember to sign out when you don't want it on or people will think you're on.
  • iHandy Level Free - Cool little level tool.
  • iMovie - Crop and edit videos with this.
  • Skype - Great tool for doing voice calls. If you upgrade your Skype to a paid version, you can call regular phones. Gotta have a Wi-Fi connection for it to work though. The call clarity is super.
  • SignGuru - We all should have it.
  • USA Car Shows - If you want to see whats coming up for Car Shows in your area/region, then this app is worth it.
  • My Measures Lite - I think I will be getting the paid version of this tool. You can insert measurements into your photos with it. Great for scaling.

Well that's about it. Again, I can't wait to try out the FaceTime. I would also love to see some kind of bidding tool like GrapixCalc or a SignCraft Pricing Guide for us SignCraft subscribers. A configurable one would be nice too!

What are you all doing with your 4G iPod Touch?

treb5555

I have a 3G Touch. Love it. Use it mainly as a PDA. I use the pocket informant app and schedule all my jobs along with personal stuff. Then at the end of the day, I sync it with google calendar and my wife does the same with hers. Both our calendars are synced so we know what each others schedule is without needing a phone call in between. Its a great tool.

CheapVehicleWrap

I have a 3G Touch. Love it. Use it mainly as a PDA. I use the pocket informant app and schedule all my jobs along with personal stuff. Then at the end of the day, I sync it with google calendar and my wife does the same with hers. Both our calendars are synced so we know what each others schedule is without needing a phone call in between. Its a great tool.

The google integration goes REAL deep. Just a matter of time before Microsoft is dust...

tcorn1965

Talking Tom - Awesome little dude that says what you say and he has some actions he does too. You can record things too and send straight to email, Facebook, or Youtube.

+1 Hilarious app!