• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My biggest wrap ever...

MikePro

72 dpi is just fine..........
only if you create it at full size at that resolution.
+1
i even save projects at 1/2 size but 150dpi (or 1/4 @ 300dpi) when I have to import into illustrator to add vector artwork and the full size image is too large for the maximum x/y axis in illustrator.

FrankenSigns.biz

Here is the photo.

Attachments

• chib.jpg
    chib.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 60

RobbyMac

We do alot of 53' race haulers. The unique thing about race haulers, are that when they are at the track, they setup and awning and it now doubles as a hospitality area. So you have sponsors and 'important' people funding the operation, sitting within 10' of the prints/wraps.
We've gotten away with 40 dpi often enough... but 100 is really preferred.
Every photographer says the same thing... 'yeah yeah, we can get you whatever res. you need' ignoring anything we tell them beforehand (1/3rd actual size, 300 dpi).
Then afterwards they're dumfounded... wondering how billboard companies can use their photos without any problems lol.
Um... people don't sit 10' from the billboards.

MikesSigns

Nice job.. Looks great. I should try selling spare extra panels. What are the odds they will use em all? "REAL MEN DON'T EAT YOGURT"

Mike

FrankenSigns.biz

Well, I did not sell them the extra panels. They asked for them at the get-go. I even tried to talk them out of it by offering to reprint a panel within 24 hours and ship it anywhere they needed it. I kind of doubt they'll use more than a few if any. More money than sense, maybe?