• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My blues are crp.

Blaster

Adam B.
Hopefully someone on here can chime in but Im frustrated. I switched from Flexi 12 to 19 and my colors became a mess. No saturation, very dull blues especially. Switched back to 12 but still have same problem. Test plots on printer look good so somewhere setting are fouled up. Any suggestions, dont know where to start. Latex 360 printing on 3M IJ35C gloss at 10p. I havent ever had to mess w the profiles until now. Thanks everyone.

Traditionally blue is a crp (crip)color so maybe it's not that bad..... Might be that rendering intents have changed. Have you tried erasing all ij35 profiles and reinstalling a new profile for ij35. Might fix the problem. We have slight color shifts with updates, big color shifts are usually due to a change in rip or profile. When updating sometimes your presets can be changed. If you never changed that preset in the first place then sometimes it can be hard to track down.

Blaster

Adam B.
Traditionally blue is a crp (crip)color so maybe it's not that bad..... Might be that rendering intents have changed. Have you tried erasing all ij35 profiles and reinstalling a new profile for ij35. Might fix the problem. We have slight color shifts with updates, big color shifts are usually due to a change in rip or profile. When updating sometimes your presets can be changed. If you never changed that preset in the first place then sometimes it can be hard to track down.
Ill give that a try. As I said it was just after we installed Flex19.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
To blame in order
1. HP 360
2. Flexi 19
We also had to "roll back" to Flexi 12 for many of the same issues and on the advice of SAI.

How do you blame HP first for an update that flexi released? Doesn't make any sense. SAI told you to roll back their software because their newest software is bunk. SAI likes to test the software updates on the end user instead of taking time to beta test things first. Unfortunately this is much the same across the board in the software market these days. Release and then fix what doesn't work. If Snapchat made and update that didn't work with your current phones software would you be mad at the phone manufacturer? You would be mad at snapchat for releasing an updated software that doesn't work like it's supposed to.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
upload_2019-11-19_13-54-6.png

bannertime

If you have Flexi 19, there is a patch that may be necessary for running HP machines. Might give them a call on that.

Best bet is to create all new color profiles and possibly check that you're color settings in Flexi are right.

Don't mean to nitpick, but the kerning on that text is all over the place.

Blaster

Adam B.
So rolled back like I said to 12. No improvement. Re did all the profiles and wala! Back to normal. Don't know how they could have changed, but much better now. Im not pleased that I wasted a whole day and all that material just because Sai cant get their sht together.
I tried calling them yesterday and was placed on hold with no one ever answering the phone. I must say its now time to consider going to Onyx. Terrible customer service Sai and a terrible thing to do to your customer base.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Re did all the profiles and wala! Back to normal. Don't know how they could have changed, but much better now.
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Does this mean that you completely rebuilt the media presets on the printer by using using the on-board i1 Spectrophotometer, or simply re-synchronized the existing profiles to the newest installation of the SAI RIP?

greysquirrel

I'm confused...never had to mess with a profile until now...Does that mean you have never created a profile? Linearized or calibrated a canned profile? If so, why did you buy this printer? You could have saved yourself money and touch a 315 or a 335.
You changed tour ecosystem by upgrading your rip. EVERY PROFILE YOU HAVE IN YIOUR RIP NEEDS TO BE RECALIBRATED!
I would download a new profile and calibrate it instead of using the old profile.
Its easy to hate the printer because its a different technology than you are accustomed to using...but to not convert to its ecosystem after you made the purchase is foolish.

mattc5900

I have this very same problem using the same material IJ35c only i happen to be using matte and same printer. I also just went back to 12 but still had color issues not near as bad when usiing 19. But still struggled i messed with everything i come think of searched online ect.. I first thought it had to be the rendering intents got changed but that doesn't seem to be the case. Curious if you deleted them from the printer and then re-downloaded profiles? Or did you fully create new ones? I have spend a bunch of time recreating NEW profiles to see it that would help and really it hasn't. I can't hit a pantone color at all!!! I can get close on some color and then others seem to be way off.. I have customers that want certain colors and these jobs are super difficult without spending a ton of time and still might not get there. I have had a ton of frustration with color over the last year it seems.. If you get a min please let me know what you did and i'll give it a try..