• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help my computer gives me "printer install FAIL" window when I try to install

dirttoo

I bought a new Rogue cutter (probably a mistake) from Signwarehouse (another mistake) and I'm having trouble with installing the cutter. The instructions they give are very generic and are not working for me. I get into it a ways and it says to right click on 64bit and select "run as administrator" but that option is not there, they say it is but it is not. I try going on with install but end up with "printer install FAIL" I have tried several times with the same outcome. I have called Signwarehouse every day for the last week and get a big runaround. "Tech is closed and they will call you tomorrow" but the never call. I heard that every day this last week. Apparently they don't care if I just send it back. Can anybody suggest anything to help get me cutting? Thanks

WildWestDesigns

EDIT: NM, I see that you did.

Is the account that you are in have admin rights? If it doesn't, that option shouldn't be there.

Only other thing, while the instructions say to click on 64 bit, is your OS a 64 bit OS?

dirttoo

EDIT: NM, I see that you did.

Is the account that you are in have admin rights? If it doesn't, that option shouldn't be there.

Only other thing, while the instructions say to click on 64 bit, is your OS a 64 bit OS?

How do I know if I have admin rights? I assumed I did
My computer is 64bit

WildWestDesigns

How do I know if I have admin rights? I assumed I did
My computer is 64bit

Well, the easiest method is if you only have 1 account on a Windows machine that means that it's an admin account.

Typically, if you aren't an admin, it should prompt for the admin password (hopefully there is one, most unfortunately don't, especially if you only have 1 account on the computer (something that I personally wouldn't have on a Windows box, but I digress big time)), especially when installers come into the picture (or at least it should).

Especially if you are in an admin account, "run as admin" should be a right click option.

unclebun

Even if you computer is 64 bit, Windows may not be. Make sure your Windows is 64 bit.

What version of Windows are you using? Do you have a compatible version of the driver installer, i.e. Windows 7 driver for Windows 7, Windows 10 driver for Windows 10?