• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My customers amaze me..

My customers

I was asked today if a diabond sign would be bullet proof or could I use any material for this customer sign that is bullet proof... Seriously??

Anyone know where to get a sheet of 4' x 8' Kevlar??

:doh:

Alti-Plotter

Some types of Lexan are bullet proof.
I hope your price for installing the sign includes the body-armour and Kevlar helmet you will need. Do not forget to check if your medical insurance is up do date and wave a white flag before you visit this customer. :Big Laugh

qmr55

Check this stuff out: Link

They stock 4x8 sheets and its suppose to be bulletproof. Maybe try finding a video of it or call and ask if they can show proof?

S'N'S

We used to make our pistol targets from 1/2" Bisalloy which wasn't real dear.
Not sure how a jacketed high calibre rifle bullet would go.

routierracing

I wouldn't want to make it my responsibility. I would tell find a bullet proof substrate on their own and then you will apply graphics transform it into a sign.

signage

I do not see what bullet proof substrate would do, the vinyl would be damaged even if the bullet did not go through. Also if you used a bullet proof cover of 1 1/2" Plexiglas it will craze when struck by a bullet. Just tell them it would be cheaper to just replace the sign!

Craig Sjoquist

If this customer is serious a brick wall should do the trick enough re-barb and concrete fill to solid up walls ..Then hire a sign painter to letter bet the cost would be total lower and have a much better image.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We had the same thing just yesterday.... these guys got a bullet-proof truck because they were afraid of getting shot at....... yeah right..........

Attachments

• bt-front outside.jpg
    bt-front outside.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 93