Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cutter hates the letter "L"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by showcase 66, Mar 14, 2011.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I just cut 200 small decals about 4"x8" and every single one the lower case letter "L" only cut about half way and then nothing. Everything else perfect. Whatever. Just cut out 200 lowercase "L"s and place them where they need to go. Right. Nope. Cut them and same thing. changed the font to a rounded letter and still only cuts half way around. Its fricken weird.

I think it is mad at me. It has been running pretty much all afternoon on smaller items.

The "l" is about 1/2" tall and I even scaled it up to about 2 inches and still the same thing. Computer is shutting down and the plotter is off. Hopefully after restarting it will go back to normal.

Tags:
  2. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Lowercase Ls aren't too hard-just cut a looong thin strip, and then place one end of it in the right place & cut the bottom end off, place that, and cut, place that, and cut, etc etc.

It's when they play up doing Rs, Bs or 8s that it's a pain!

3. thinksigns

thinksigns SnowFlake

Nov 28, 2010
    Maybe make it an upper case "I", depending on the font.

4. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    After restarting my computer and plotter it was working fine. Weird as hell though. I couldnt use an uppercase "I" for this font. Im just glad it is working right now.