• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Daige has ruined my last ij180 print.

petesign

I can't stand watching my profits go into the trash any longer... The daige has worked fine for the past few weeks on calendared stuff, but today I went to do some vehicle work and of course, it decides to go from from silvering to outright bubbles.

I figure I have a few options... and I need to save as much as I can, so... without going to the SGIA in New Orleans this weekend and seeing a bunch of mind-numbing demonstrations, I need some advice on a few laminators. I don't want to go through this again.... and I have some big cast projects coming up to finish the year.

First up. Seal 54EL. Good brand, no heat assist. About $6K new. (If I buy this and see anyone going anywhere near the rollers with a blade, I might lose my mind). For peace of mind, should I go with the Seal and spend more?

Second up. The USTECH WORF-PRO55-C Shipped here for about $4500.
http://www.bestdgi.com/products-online.php?cat=78ladkealdieilad098mnjuhhvgydserxzkili0908038dFLEIDLLALJilda09&product=001-laminators/001-coldpro&ustmodel=USTECH%20PRO%20series%20-%20COLD®ion=US

Third offering. The Ustech WORF-TX-500H - 54" with heat assist - Shipped here for around $5k.
http://www.bestdgi.com/products-online.php?cat=78ladkeal998hgttfddrrfffdieiladkili0908038dFLEIDLLALJildaop09&product=001-laminators/001-coldtx&ustmodel=USTECH%20TX%20Series%20-%20Heat%20Assist%20Cold%20laminator®ion=US

How much of a difference does heat assist make? Would it be worth going with a company I don't really know much about - save $1000 and get a hea assist laminator that looks about the same as the seal?

Any others out there I should be looking at? Any merchant members on here with a good suggestion on something for about the same investment that wont make me want to light it on fire, and roll it down a hill?

I looked at a used Seal 54 base close to here, and could have gotten it under 5k, but after the last laminator thread, I was weary of buying a used one. At this point, I want something that *works* - that I dont get that oh *%&&$^ I have to laminate this expensive vinyl again today feeling in my gut....

Sorry for the long post, those that took the time to read it, and have some good info, I appreciate the help, I have made due with this daige for almost two years.. never again.
:thankyou:

brush1

I switched from Daige to Seal 54 EL few months ago.
Very, very happy.
I allways buy a new equipment. It is my prefference. Save some money and buy new.

lol..told you ages ago buddy......get the seal el. the diage as we all know is just a complete piece of %$#^!!!!!

if you want any info on the seal el, give me a shout anytime, i'll give you any info you need.

petesign

I know you did! :notworthy:

I am just trying to save a buck I guess. The 54EL doesn't have a take up roll, which I think I might like to have. Space around here is at a premium. I guess I need to decide what is more important to me, peace of mind, or saving $$... I have looked at a royal soverign also. Waiting on a quote for it today.

don't try and save any more $'s as you will kick yourself in the future. for themoney that the seal is it is worth every penny. no, it doesn't have a takeup but you can buy an after market one from supply55 that would do the job. if you shop around you can get a great deal pn the seal el.

mobilwraps

I have a royal soverign and i like it at first it didn't have a take up roll and after trying to laminate 3 full rolls of print i invested in the 300$ option and its been the best thing. I hear seal is one of the best i do notice with royal if i use a low end laminate ill get some silvering but i try not to run anything cheap, and it runs great. take me about 9.5 min to laminate a full 54" roll i like it but i would try a seal at the right price.

cheers

KevSign

US tech we got 1 65" heat assist so far very good for us. We used same china brand before EastSign order direct using for 6 yrs and sell back for $2500.

I think you should get the same as we get with heat assist will get your job laminate better.

The total for 65'' top roller heated hot & cold lamiantor machine is $4999.99, including shipping. USTECH HS6000. Ask for Tony 1-877-893-3729 ext.813.

Hope this help.

Circleville Signs

Daige = crap

That equation is foolproof. You want a cheap option, get the Big Squeegee - it's cheaper than a Daige and works better.

We have a Royal Soverign. It works great for us.