• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my day rots so far...

Marlene

well, I haven't made a costly mistake in years but when I make one, it is a good one! doing a reface of an existing sign. had the old specs on hand. the size was 5' 1 3/4" by 7' 2 3/4" when I looked at it I saw the 5', converted to inches and added it so it was 61.75". when I looked at the 7' 2 3/4", I saw 72" and added the .75.......uggggggggggg. the sign was suppose to be 86.75" not 72.75". of course, they were PMS matched colors so new faces are big time cost....why or why can't I just spell a word wrong on a little sign????? no, I've got to screw up an expensive set of sign faces.......I have such a migraine.....

hang in there ... keep your chin up ... all that other positive stuff ... anyone who's been at this long enough has done something similar at some point in their career it will be behind you before you know it.

Jillbeans

Marlene even if I called a singing telegram service and had a dancing Spock come and croon "Tiptoe Thru The Tulips" to you in a high falsetto it couldn't make your day any better.
:(
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ouch !!

Another justification to add to my list of reasons to start drinking............ what time is it ??

Marlene

thanks for all the cyber comforting, I really needed it!!! way back, I spelled "Strictly" "Strickly" on a sign for a bridge that was falling down. the local paper took a big colored photo of it and put it on the front page of the Vermont section...at least that was cheap to fix even if it was sent out for the whole state to see!

Letterbox Mike

It seems like I do that about every other time I've ever ordered reel-cut polycarb or pan faces. At one time I had about a half-dozen big pieces of miscut pieces of plastic sitting around here. Ugh.

Rooster

Measure twice, cut once.

Reminds me of the joke about the Ukrainian carpenter. Sitting there scratching his head and mumbling obscenities under his breath. His buddy walks up and asks him what's up, he turns around and says "I don't know what's wrong with these stupid plans. I've cut this stupid board four times now and it's still too short".

Brandon708

tough break.

I don't mix feet and inches when I write them down. I just use inches when I list it. Try doing this it might save your but in the future.

MachServTech

I know a shop that wrapped the wrong tractor trailer this week...with digital printed 3M reflective.

That's just rotten luck!
Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket, cant stay bad forever!.....you have a lot of good karma headed your way :)

Billct2

Dang, that stings...
I had one published in the paper too, Mispelled a banner for a Literacy Event

cdiesel

We had literally the same situation a couple weeks ago. All of the measurements on a survey were in inches.. except one. It said 9 8 1/2. It was read as 98 1/2". It was supposed to be 9' 8 1/2". Doh! Only lost about a grand on that one...