• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my dealer out of magenta!!!!

gabagoo

was told by the dealer when purchasing the printer that they would ALWAYS have ink in stock.

My dealer is less than a mile away and instead of always having to keep 4 inks sitting here paid for, I decided I will order when the machine gives me the low ink warning. Seeing that they always have it in stock it should NEVER be an issue.

Today I am low on Magenta. Call in and get the we are all out of Magenta ss2. WTF!!!

OK so now what. I generally do a nozzle wash today but cant take the chance of running out and will not print anything for fear of using it all up.

Do you think I am being to over cautious?

WDP

Its happen to us with white ink from Brother. Thats why we are starting to buy 4 liters at a time.

jono91

what sort of printer do you have?

with the roland eco-sol's, you can tape the little tab which sticks out to fool the printer into thinking it has ink. You'd be suprised how much you can get out still. Obviously though I wouldn't recommend doing it on the regular to squeeze more $$$ ;)

Circleville Signs

Never believe ANYTHING a supplier says. The person telling you has NO IDEA if they can keep that promise or not.

Unless, of course, your rep owns the supplier - then you should only believe half of everything he/she says.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We always have at least one... if not two of every color in stock. When we reach down...... and one color is remaining, we consider that empty and order immediately. That way, we're at least two weeks ahead of the game.

rfulford

Once I ran out of yellow ink for my Epson after waiting 2 weeks for Grimco to complete a back order. It turned out that Epson goofed and did not make enough yellow. I had to ship a box in from Kansas City MO.

Rooster

Do they have a demo machine they can pull a cartridge from? I do the same thing with ink (just in time inventory) and when ND came up short once. They pulled a cartridge from a demo machine on their floor and let me have it.

We had the same agreement in place for inks. They maintain the inventory level and I order when required.

DarbySign

Suppliers don't carry the inventory these used to. You can't count on having instant access to even the most basic supplies. I was shut down for a few days waiting for Magenta last year, so now I'm never without at least one full backup cartridge. I hate having the extra $500 sitting on my shelf, but I can't lose half a week over an issue like that.

DRamm76

Suppliers don't carry the inventory these used to. You can't count on having instant access to even the most basic supplies. I was shut down for a few days waiting for Magenta last year, so now I'm never without at least one full backup cartridge. I hate having the extra $500 sitting on my shelf, but I can't lose half a week over an issue like that.

MOST suppliers don't carry what they used to but not all. Not only do I try to make sure I have more than enough of the day to day necessities that my customers use, but I also recommend that if you buy a printer, always have a second set of inks or a back up on hand at all times. When you put one in the machine, you should get right on the phone and order one to replace the back up. If the dealer doesn't have it in stock when you order the back up, shame on them, but at the same time, the end user also needs to take the responsibility of not having a back up on hand.

Too many people look at having to buy a back up set of ink with the machine as a headache if they can't get it for free..Not sure why, considering you buy the printer to keep it running right? Try to hook up with a local dealer you can rely on. I am sure there's more than one person you can work with up in the Toronto area.

Letterbox Mike

We had this happen too many times. A just in time inventory is risky and can cause huge headaches if someone drops the ball...

Now we have a "consignment" setup in place for our ink. Our supplier stocks our shelves monthly with enough ink to last us a month (in theory). They track how much is there, and when they come back to restock the next month, they add up how much we've used and bill us for it. That way we only pay for what we use, but we don't have to risk not getting a cartridge in time. It's saved our butts numerous times since we started it.

Attachments

• INK.jpg
    INK.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 96