• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Falcon loves to drain my ink carts!

dtdm

I am officially sick of loosing my carts over night.
I have a new capping station with metal screens. My drain lines aren't clogged... so strange.

I'm going to start pulling my carts when not in use. What else could cause my carts to empty...?

OlsonSigns601

What causes cartridges to empty? Printing. :D

I shut my printer off at night and weekends as the cleaning cycle I think eats up way to much ink and even more if I have it on a strong cleaning setting.

If I neglect my cleaning duties on the printer, I may have to run a few inches of a rainbow to get it to print top notch but I think I save more ink with a rainbow print than I would the printer doing a cleaning cycle every couple hours over the night and weekend.

However recent training has now made it someone elses job to make sure its cleaned and lately the printer has been running like a champ that past month.

artbot

a build up of ink sitting in an open line can and will pull down on the head and eventually start a spontaneous siphoning effect. your lines may not be clogged. they may be perfect. but if there is undried latent ink in them, they can slowly fall down the line and create a vacuum.

SignEx

Mutoh has a service bulletin that deals with this issue, exactly as Artbot described,
There is a procedure Mutoh recommended to help clear the lines and prevent the draining of ink,

My dealer told me on later models the pumps actually have a procedure to clear the drain lines after a cleaning cycle,

If I can find the bulletin I will post it,

artbot

my thing to do is if the printer is going to set for a while, pull the carriage to the left for a moment. it will release the ink and let it drain.

dtdm

Thanks, this has to be what is happening. If you see this mutoh bulletin please post (looking now)

SignEx

Here is copy of Mutoh Bulletin relating to the tubing flush and draining of ink cartridges, It is for Falcon Outdoor II.

Maybe it will help,

thanks mark

Attachments

• falcon.pdf
    95.3 KB · Views: 91