• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My falcon outdoor jr will not print black.

caos68

I changed my maintenance station, dampners, print heads, and it printed fine for one day, and now it won't print black. Please help, I don't know what else to do.

P

ProWraps™

eh.. cartridge? are any nozzles firing on black? maintenance staiton has nothing to do with your head not working. check your black line. look at the black damper see if there is ink in it.

schurms

Had the same thing happen to me the other day. Check and see if you dampner has ink ink it. If it does, move your head over the capping station and hook a syringe to the cap pull some ink thru it, chances are you will be up and going.

caos68

the dampner has ink and if I do a cleaning, I can see the ink go to the waste bottle. The weird thing is, if I convert my flexi file to a bitmap, it will print black.

P

ProWraps™

clearly a software error. figure out your rip/s. you got something wrong. stop messing with the hardware at this point. all you are/will do is put excess wear on the head.

Compilla

I changed my maintenance station, dampners, print heads, and it printed fine for one day, and now it won't print black. Please help, I don't know what else to do.

This sounds like a possible electrical problem,
such as a fuse.It is a good possibility that you have blown a fuse on the mainboard if you have no black firing at all. If you perform the nozzle check and there is not black whatso ever firing,
then I will almost guarantee the fuse for the black head is blown

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
clearly a software error. figure out your rip/s. you got something wrong. stop messing with the hardware at this point. all you are/will do is put excess wear on the head.

Clearly? Clearly you are wrong. Did you come by this revelation because the original poster reported that bitmaps print black? If so, the black on a bitmap is mostly CMY, damn little, if any, K.

The larger principle is that hardware wears out and breaks. Software is pretty much incapable of wearing out or breaking.

caos68

Got it. I called scanvec and they told me to delete printer and then add it back. Worked great. Thanks for all the input. Except for the read the fu***ng book. That was uncalled for.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Got it. I called scanvec and they told me to delete printer and then add it back. Worked great. Thanks for all the input. Except for the read the fu***ng book. That was uncalled for.

While it may have nudged your apparently delicate sensibilities, it was likely the best advice you've received to date.

caos68

It just makes sense to me, that if someone has encountered the same problem and has a solution, then by all means share the wealth. It is not necessary to be rude. Just my opinion, and by the way I have read the manual. The problem I was having wasn't in there.

P

ProWraps™

Clearly? Clearly you are wrong. Did you come by this revelation because the original poster reported that bitmaps print black? If so, the black on a bitmap is mostly CMY, damn little, if any, K.

The larger principle is that hardware wears out and breaks. Software is pretty much incapable of wearing out or breaking.

hmm.. seems like deleting the driver and reinstalling worked. i must have been dead wrong :rolleyes: definately not a software error had to have been a hardware problem!!!! nice try bob. chaos68, ignore the rifraf. they think because they have thousands of posts, it makes them correct, and that gives them the right to belittle you when responding. it simply means, that while you and i are working, they are on here doing NOTHING but bolstering their sorry self image. dont worry, you arent the only one that deals with it. if you have any more probs, just hit me up. i can tear my mutoh down in about 2 minutes and have the heads and dampers out and changed in about 5. the printer is suprisingly simple. dont let it get fool you. i was scared to death when i got mine. just dive in, and you will quickly be able to diagnose problems fast. i also have some tech manuals that will keep you from having to hire a tech to do alignments and whatnot if you dont already have them.

and bob, ive spent my entire life as a programmer. clearly youve never spent a single minute other that what you have seen on the discovery channel. software breaks more than hardware.