• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My First "Back Cut" on my enVision375

Yesterday Matt Molenbeek guided me to the MTSsandbox where there was a pdf tutorial on back-cutting or as i call it "die-cutting" and I was trying to figure out how it was done as I had heard that it was capable...

I gave it a shot last night with 100 bumper stickers that I had to whip up and it worked like a charm! This cutter never ceases to amaze me, it's just cool as heck and man can it perform :)

Huge thanks to Matt for pointing me in the right direction, I'm looking forward to using this on all kinds of stuff from here out. :cool1:

gabagoo

OK I have an Envision 375 and have never heard this term "back cut" I generally only use the plotter strictly formy Edge and that is seldom used anymore since moving to a Mimaki, but I am interested in just what this function does and how do you access it.

"back cutting" allows you to feed the vinyl upside down with the liner up and cut through the backing paper allowing you to push the decals out after weeding. You create a seperate outline away from the contour cut and send them as seperat layers...

gabagoo

"back cutting" allows you to feed the vinyl upside down with the liner up and cut through the backing paper allowing you to push the decals out after weeding. You create a seperate outline away from the contour cut and send them as seperat layers...

Is there an actual function in the software for this? I have never seen it. Also how would you line up the cutter head if the vinyl was upside down?

signage

Heres a link to the PDF instructions from Gerber! If you go to the website shown above they are having a webinar tomorrow on this very thing!

Sorry!

Last edited:

signage

The back cut has been added to the MTS Sandbox site for your viewing! This lloks Like it may be a useful addition!