• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first big job

thefish

I have just opened a sign shop in a small town in California. I have my first quote on a box truck and need help with a quote. This is done in Premium 2 color vinyl. The company name with back shadow are 12 inches in height and total company name is 14 foot long with seams and rivets to deal with. Next line a 2 words 6" tall, and next line phone number and town. This will be on both sides of truck with nothing on the back. Can anyone give me a hand on a quote and any sticking points to watch out for?

thank%20you.gif
Patterson Signs

WVB

Charge for your supplies, vinyl, application tape and/or app fluids. Then charge for your normal shop time say $55/hr. You will have to figure out how much time you think you will need to apply say three hours so add in $165 ontop of your materials.

Derf

With the info you gave I would say any where from cheep--> $800 - $1,200 minimum. any less and youll be kicking your self for not charging more. I am in central California and I get $1,200 for a simple 2 color 14' box if they provide the design and as much as $2500 and up for a complex job.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Based on your information it sounds like the two sides will calculate out to about 72 square feet of installed cast vinyl. In my market we get $12.50 per square foot for riveted surfaces. Therefore:

72 x 12.50 = $900