• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My First Concrete Wall Mural with Arlon DPF8000 7'x20'

jimgoodwin

wall.jpg

What a project! This was my first attempt at a large install and boy did we learn a lot! My students created the graphic, did the printing, laminating and the install. The only thing I did was help run the Big Squeegee for the overlam, and help with initial alignment on the panels.
We printed it using our Mutoh 1204 onto Arlon DPF8000 which was interesting to work with. We had the Oraguard 210G on hand so that was what we laminated with. The surface had been painted last year and if I had to do it again, we would strip all the paint off first. I have a feeling when this comes down it will bring most of the paint with it. In retrospect, I should have probably started with a smaller wall first, but I usually go in over my head when it comes to this sort of stuff.

We chose the Arlon stuff because that was all I could get from my supplier that was smaller than 48" (max on the 1204)