• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My First Photo Tex Wall

idsignsil

I recently installed my first wall mural using Photo Tex. Man I love this stuff, it is so easy to install. The designer at the church sent me the artwork, I printed, frog juiced it, and did the install. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys do for the seams. I did a 1/4" overlap, but since Photo Tex is sort of transparent, the image is darker where the overlap is. The church has not said anything, they loved it. But I was just wondering if in the future I should just but the panels together, or do I have to live with the overlap?

Attachments

• church wall 1.jpg
    church wall 1.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 139
  • church wall 2.jpg
    church wall 2.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 87

JoshLoring

I do one inch overlap but all of walls I wrap are a base dark color. The light wall could be why it's standing out.

idsignsil

Thanks Josh. You are saying that the wall itself needs to be painted darker. That makes sense now that i think about it. If the wall were darker and maybe the print had darker colors it would not be as bad. This was just the first one, I am sure there will be plenty more to try and figure it all out.

J Hill Designs

From http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85759 (post #29)

You do not need to overlap Photo Tex - it will not shrink over time in any temperature change. overlapping does make installation easier and I like INSIGNIA suggestion:

With Phototex, you'll get a much nicer installation if you increase your overlap to 3/4" or 1" and double-cut the seam once applied (meaning cut down the middle of the overlap through both layers, and then pull up the underlying and overlying overlapped pieces, re-squeegee, and you're left with a perfect butt joint. Phototex is not 100% opaque so overlapped seams will stand out.

Photo Tex is also CPSIA Compliant and passed 2 major safety test in USA and EUROPE as a non-toxic substance.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i think it was insignia who told me this, after the graphic is up, cut down the middle of the seam, pull off the piece underneath and the one on top. once you lay it back down you can't even see the seam.

photo tex is great stuff