• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first post here

wonubee

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Bryan and I've worked in the offset printing industry for most of my adult life. I started a part time screen printing business in my garage a little over 2 years ago. I got tired of paying someone to
make my names and numbers for the team sports jerseys I print.

So I bought a vinyl cutter to make names and numbers. Man I love this thing. I am just blown away by the level of detail I can get with this thing. So as I started to explore the internet about vinyl graphics and such I sorta discovered a whole new world of vinyl graphics. Now I want to make signs and put decals in peoples windows and on the sides of their vehicles.

I got a GCC Expert 24. So I'm hoping to find out all the ins and outs of making vinyl signs. I'm looking forward to exploring these forums and learning some stuff. :cool1:

John in Cali

Welcome

Hi wonubee...welcome.

I've been making all kinds of signs for 15 years, and I learn something new here almost daily.

I've been inspired to refine my craft by many people here. Stick around.

GetPixelized

Be very careful as to what you post on here.... you will be surprized by the pomp-ass and sarcastic remarks you get from MANY on this forum !!!!!! God forbid you actually try to give someon some business on here.....:frustrated:

mikey-Oh

Howdy wonubee, worked in the offset industry for a few years myself. There's much to be learned within this living tomb.

Welcome aboard.
..and put on a flack jacket

Flak Jacket's an alright perk, I found Lightweight or Hardline more beneficial to my style o' Ops

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Agreed..... that guys first post on S101 was not to introduce himself. It was in the middle of some other long thread to say he is a hobbyist and asking for a bunch of info. Many come here to S101 and instead of introducing themselves just demand answers or ask for something like a service manual as their very first post. There are a LOT of regulars here and a LOT of very helpful people with a lot of excellent information. It helps greatly when you introduce yourself, let us know a little about you, and ask nicely about something.

Welcome to S101 from the southeastern US. Have fun with the transition from offset and screen to digital. You have a leg up in that you come from print already but it's a learning curve for sure. I think most in larger screen and press ops are slowly working on integrating digital nowadays.

Welcome from Winnipeg! Don't listen to this guy, he obviously scares easily if you consider how long he has been a member and how many posts he has.

:Welcome:to:signs101:

:Canada 2:

HulkSmash

Be very careful as to what you post on here.... you will be surprized by the pomp-ass and sarcastic remarks you get from MANY on this forum !!!!!! God forbid you actually try to give someon some business on here.....:frustrated:

So why are you here again?

oh and Welcome!

Tim Aucoin

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks for the morning laugh! You're definitely someon that surprizes me!! :doh:

sar bossier

Why a flak jacket?

"Be afwaid, be vewy afwaid" ... Elmer Fudd

Seriously, Bonjour from Louisiana! What they are trying to say, is THINK before you post, and have THICK skin if you do ... some members are very forthcoming, and don't play well with others or share toys in the sandbox.

:Welcome:

jc1cell

Wonnube, you will get great help here. Sometimes some tough love. Just take it all in as positive feedback and apply as best you can. Learn the personalities as best you can and just roll with it.

I've been given some harsh comments, but it's like I said. It's all positive. There's a reason they say it. You just won't necessarily see it at the moment. So don't react before looking into the answer thoroughly.

I can tell you that you WILL get plenty of help here that WILL move you along the path you have chosen.

Good Luck and Prosperity.

jc